Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Scrum Master
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Engineering – Agile Delivery
- Flutterwave is seeking an experienced Scrum Master to join our dynamic team.
- As a Scrum Master, you will play a critical role in fostering and implementing Agile practices to enhance the efficiency, collaboration, and delivery of our innovative financial technology solutions.
- The successful candidate will lead the Scrum team through planning, execution, and delivery phases, ensuring adherence to Scrum principles and practices while facilitating continuous improvement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Agile Facilitation and Coaching: The SM should be able to guide and coach the Scrum team in Agile principles and Scrum practices. Facilitate Scrum events (Daily Standups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives) to ensure effective communication, collaboration, and progress tracking. Empower the team to self-organize and make informed decisions.
- Team Collaboration: Foster a collaborative environment among team members, promoting open communication and knowledge sharing. The SM should effectively address and resolve conflicts within the team, focusing on maintaining a positive and productive atmosphere
- Product Backlog Management: Collaborate with the Product Owner to refine and prioritize the product backlog, ensuring user stories are well-defined, estimated, and ready for development. The SM should ensure the team understands the scope and objectives of each sprint.
- Sprint Planning and Execution: Lead sprint planning sessions, assisting the team in defining sprint goals and selecting user stories for the upcoming sprint. The SM should be able to shield the team from external disruptions during the sprint, enabling them to focus on delivering the committed work.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with stakeholders to manage expectations and communicate project status. The SM should effectively be able to address stakeholder feedback and incorporate it into the development process when appropriate.
- Scrum Master Community Involvement: Stay updated on industry best practices, Agile trends, and Scrum methodologies. The SM should regularly share insights and experiences with other Scrum Masters to promote continuous learning and improvement.
- Continuous Improvement: Facilitate sprint retrospectives to identify areas of improvement and implement actions for enhancing team performance. Encourage experimentation and adaptation of Agile practices to optimize efficiency and quality.
- Metrics and Reporting: Track key Agile metrics (velocity, burn-down/up charts) to monitor the team’s progress and identify potential issues. The SM should provide transparent and concise status reports to stakeholders, ensuring alignment on project status.
Required competency and skillset to be a waver
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, or Lean.
- Overall 5+ years’ experience in leading and managing agile teams, as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and navigate through ambiguity.
- Experience with financial technology or related domains is a plus.
- Familiarity with software development and product management practices.
- Relevant agile certifications such as Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) are preferred.
- Strong understanding of agile principles, values, and practices, with a track record of successful agile implementation and delivery.
- Proven track record of successfully facilitating Agile projects and driving teams towards high performance.
- Experienced with process mapping, analysis, and re-engineering concepts, tools, and techniques.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work in a fast-paced environment, and make decisions in a timely manner.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: