Afordonz Consulting Limited – Our client an FMCG company is seeking to recruit an experienced candidate to join a team of professionals in driving a double-digit growth through an ambitious and exciting period in the company’s history in the capacity below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- The Procurement Officer will be responsible for developing, executing, and managing the sourcing strategy and tactical plans for indirect spend Category. Procurement managed by this position are those identified as strategic, business critical, and/or having significant leverage opportunity.
- Develop, execute, and track group strategy and policies for one or more merchandise category leveraging the identified value handle.
- Collaborate with the business to define category needs and specifications
- Manage and direct the strategic sourcing efforts (sourcing calendar)
- Perform value analysis and total cost of ownership analytical activities
- Coordinate strategic sourcing activities with stakeholders for sourced categories, including preparing category sourcing results and sourcing step details
- and summaries
- Provide Stakeholders’ department with spend savings analysis across categories for forecasting and budgeting purposes
- Prepare periodic stakeholder activities alignment and category planning materials
- Coordinate with Stakeholder and Legal department on contract negotiations
- Report on contracting activity
- Complete the collection, analysis, and reporting of category spend and savings data monthly
- Conduct the development of sourcing strategies, industry and supplier research, bidding, supplier selection, and contract negotiations
- Developed excellent customer database and maintain good customer relation
- Organize purchasing orders and requests for purchase orders of goods and materials
- Contact suppliers with a request for purchase
- Review the company inventory to see what needs to be purchased
- Order necessary company products and supplies
- Monitor income deliveries against purchased goods to make sure there is no discrepancy
- Track orders
- Manage orders that were never purchased, never delivered or damaged upon arrival
- Communicate with accounts receivable and accounts payable to make outstanding are settled promptly.
- Create and maintain any reports to document material traffic
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least four years of relevant strategic sourcing experience
- Prior management experience
- Understanding of cost savings approaches
- Established strategic sourcing skills, including documentation and communication of strategy
- Networking and team skills
- Strategically oriented
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Project management experience
- Procurement and strategic sourcing knowledge, specifically with multiple retail, merchandise specific category sourcing expertise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to successfully address large supplier relationships
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should submit a copy of their detailed & recent CV’s to: [email protected] Use the job title as the subject of your mail.
Note: Multiple applications may result in disqualification.
Application Deadline: 27th July, 2017.