Foodco Limited – We are a diversified consumer goods company with interests in retail, fast food restaurants, entertainment and manufacturing.
From our humble beginning as a small fresh foods stall in Bodija, Ibadan, Oyo State, we have grown to become a leading brand in South-West Nigeria. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Product Development / QC Manager
Locations: Lagos, Oyo
- The Product Development/QC Manager will be responsible for leading efforts involved in new product/process development and improvements; coupled as well as Quality Control support responsibilities.
- Leads the technical aspects of product development through the investigation, planning, execution, evaluating and reporting on new product / process development and improvement.
- Interface with NAFDAC and all related regulatory bodies, as it relates to new product development and factory regulations compliance; while ensuring stringent hygienic standards are met around new product lines
- Stays apprised of new technologies, trends and processes in the food manufacturing industry, and advices as appropriate.
- Develops understanding of all processes new to the organization; evaluates whether portions of such processes are applicable to other products.
- Document and report on new product test runs/trials and results. Identify any potential issues or improvements to the process or formulations and discuss with management team.
- Maintains an accurate documentation of workflow and processes.
- Independently initiates, investigates, and implements significant new formulations, recipes, process improvements, existing product improvement and cost savings projects.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations concerning the application of new recipe and processing technologies.
- Prepare new product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products.
- This position initiates, evaluates, plans, directs, executes, implements, and reports on activities related to the development of new products, improvements or cost savings ideas.
- Ensuring legal obligations are followed and ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies and with health and safety guidelines.
- Setting the requirements for raw materials from suppliers and monitoring their compliance.
- Supervising inspectors, technicians, and other staff members and providing guidance.
- Ensure that all Quality Operations SOPs are strictly adhered to; and review the SOPs as appropriate.
- Acts as a technical consultant to all Food Manufacturing units of FoodCo on product formulation/processing and quality assurance issues related to assigned products.
- Work collaboratively and develop strong relationships with cross functional teams including; Operations, and Procurement to solve key business issues and drive profitable growth.
- Manage performance of reports and ensure that relevant training and development interventions are implemented to sustain performance.
- Train team members/stakeholders and grow their capabilities on the products developed as needed for scaling up production and quality assurance lines.
- Mentor and coach reports to ensure performance in the team is sustained.
- First Degree or equivalent qualification in Food Science Technology
- Minimum of 5 years’ related working experience, across reputable food manufacturing organisations.
- Proven record and success in developing new products.
- Deep understanding of the Food Manufacturing market in Nigeria, and related consumer products.
- Working knowledge across different aspects of Food Manufacturing such as confectioneries, ice creams, pastry, bakery, etc
- Working knowledge of related food manufacturing regulatory standards.
- Commercial awareness and market orientation
- Innovative and creative acumen.
- Strong emotional intelligence and leadership skills.
- Strong work ethics
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication and accountability skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skill
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2020.