Foodie-Varsity is not just another delivery service next door, we are looking to becoming a food network across Africa. We can achieve this by empowering and encouraging community leaders to advocate for and increase access to healthy, locally-grown food.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Chef
- We’re currently looking for a chef to work for us on a permanent basis.
- To manage the smooth and efficient operation of the kitchen and hospitality service to ensure Foodie-Varsity’s reputation for excellent food quality is maintained and a positive enjoyable customer journey is delivered on a daily basis..
- The candidate will be creative with a portfolio of tried and tested signature dishes with a love for culinary innovation and respect for fresh ingredients.
Essential Skills (Some Travel Required)
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the highest culinary standards exceeding the clients expectations client in a timely smooth fashion on a daily basis
- To ensure that the company’s reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- To maintain records relating to food production activities and supplier information as required by management
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy.
- To set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen including supervising the kitchen team .
- To control portion size and monitor waste.
- To ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures
- To work with videographer in producing online video content related to food and recipes.
- Keeping up with food trends whist balancing high standards of customer service
- To encourage meticulous exceptional hygiene standards within the kitchen environment including plate wash areas.
- Occasional travel required to western region of Africa.
- Basic culinary school or training required
- Numeracy and computer literate
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 20th August, 2017.