Ford Motor Company’s – Continues to deliver profitable growth, building great products to drive our success, reclaiming the iconic Blue Oval, and achieving 14 straight quarters of operating profit.
Conservation and Environmental Grants Programme
Ford Motor Company’s Conservation and Environmental Grants programme supports grass-roots level environmental initiatives that support, preserve, or restore the local environment. The programme follows the Henry Ford European Conservation Awards, which was originated in Britain in the early 80’s with the vision of encouraging a wide range of projects that support, preserve or restore the local environment, heritage and natural resources.
Since its inception in 1983, Ford has awarded more than $5 mil (USD) in grants to thousands of environmental projects in 60 countries through Asia, the Caribbean, Central America and the Middle East. The programme was created to empower individuals and non-profit groups donating their time and effort to preserve the environmental well-being of their communities. By providing necessary funding and visibility, we hope to encourage the multiplication of similar grassroots efforts that will serve as catalysts for change across the globe.
The Ford Grants Programme provides financial support to ongoing, not-for-profit environmental projects in the following categories:
Categories under which an applicant can apply are as follows:
- Protection of the Natural Environment – Projects to conserve flora, fauna and/or their respective habitats.
- Conservation Engineering – Projects to reduce the rate of consumption of natural resources and/or pollution.
- Environmental Education – Projects aimed at creating or increasing environmental awareness.
Eligibility Requirements and Rules
- Employees, officers, directors, dealers and agents of Ford Motor Company and affiliated and subsidiary companies, representatives, legal advisors, any other advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies (“Programme Team”) and the immediate family or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees are not eligible to apply or participate in the programme.
- Immediate family or relatives of members of the Ford Motor Company Conservation & Environmental Grants jury panel members are not eligible to apply or participate in the programme.
- Organizations that are affiliated to members of the Ford Motor Company Conservation & Environmental Grants jury panel members may apply provided it is explicitly mentioned in the application form. In which case, during the judging process the juror in question would be excluded from grading and discussing the entry in question.
- This programme accepts entries from all types of not‐for‐profit conservation initiatives that are currently being implemented or ongoing and that need additional funding support. Projects that are still in the planning stages and proposals will not be considered.
- Applicants can be: Individuals, civil society organizations/Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO), schools, colleges or universities.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or be selected to participate.
- All applications will be judged by a jury panel of conservation experts and Ford dealers in Nigeria who are not related in any way to the Ford Motor Company or an Administrator.
- The Jury panel will select winners from any of the categories in accordance with the following judging criteria: Usefulness and Practicality, Dedication, Originality, Replicability.
- The jury meeting would take place in December 2013. Winners will be announced in December 2013. Winners will be contacted via e-mail and by phone.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- If a winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, Grant money may be offered to the next best entry.
- The participant in the Programme will not be entitled to any compensation or employee benefits of any kind from any company, and agrees to refrain from seeking same.
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to download Application forms. All Application forms should be sent to: [email protected]
Click here for more information
Note: Recipients of the Grants programme will be announced in December 2013.