Freedom Foundation is a non-profit organization, committed to addressing the ever-mounting and staggering challenges in our society by empowering individuals who are plagued by various categories of social and economic challenges. Freedom Foundation’s model of Rehabilitation, Education and Empowerment is augmented by research and awareness promotion. We actively partner with the Government, other NGOs, civil society organizations and corporate institutions to ensure the delivery of human services at the greatest points of impact. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: House Matron
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Matron ensures the smooth function of the House effectively instilling a culture of love and discipline in managing the clients’ welfare.
- She must also ensure the efficient and effective use of resources (space, materials, food items, appliances, etc.) minimizing conflict and fostering peaceful cohabitation.
- Support the intake process by ensuring no overpopulation in the shelter and optimum utilization of resources (bed spaces and welcome kits).
- Welcome new clients into the home, read the house rules to the new intake, and ensure the new intake understands the rules.
- Receive and log new client’s personal belongings, and put into secure and orderly storage, items that would not be required in the house; clients must sign log forms indicating accuracy of items logged.
- Provide each new client with their welcome kit and assign clients to a room, bed, and locker.
- Establish the house rules in collaboration with the Admin Coordinator and maintain order in the house
- Send weekly house management report to the Admin Coordinator
- Log all facility management issues appropriately and escalate any requests for repairs within four hours of discovery
- Monitor all movement in the home – ensuring only authorized persons are in the home area; all unauthorized persons are to be escorted back to the office or reception
- Monitor Usage of household item and food supplies, ensuring adequate supplies for the number of clients in residence
- Institute processes (schedules, timetables etc.) for home management to ensure all functions (cooking, cleaning, laundry, washing, etc.) can be conducted in an efficient and effective manner
- Conduct daily group devotions (prayer and Bible study) which are compulsory for all residents
- Report all incidents of abuse/neglect/bullying or any negative behavior that impacts the welfare of other clients to the case manager immediately, and log in shift report
- Supervise client daily chores
- Provide a supportive and encouraging environment for the Clients
- Conduct daily room inspections to ensure cleanliness and ad hoc locker inspections (with a member of security and program staff) for contraband (phone, money, food items, electronics, etc.)
- Resolve disputes among clients and facilitate conflict management
- Respond to health emergencies, performing basic first aid and taking clients to the hospital during out-of-office hours (during office hours this shall be the responsibility of the case manager).
- Support in monitoring client’s rehabilitation progress
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Make recommendations to Program staff (Admin, case manager, program director) on client welfare and/or house management
- Assist with completion of necessary reports as requested.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 5 – 10 years work experience.
- Must be Female and 40 years minimum.
Salary: N65,000 monthly.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 16th July, 2021.