Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. We’re one of the largest consumer goods companies in the world, in one of the fastest-moving and demanding industries around. Our brands are a familiar part of daily life for millions. And each and every one of them brings bigger, more complicated challenges. How can our products make people healthier? How can we help people feel better about themselves? How do we enhance the environment and communities around us? How can we improve the lives of people everywhere? As a graduate trainee, this will mean challenge, freedom and responsibility like you’d never believe.
Unilever Future Leaders Programme (UFLP) 2013
Job Title: ULFP – Nigeria – Customer Development
Function: Customer Development / Customer Management (Sales)
- How would you position a new product in a competitive market? How would you persuade retailers to take it on, to put up new displays, to take the risk of buying lots of stock for something new and unfamiliar? What will you do? Over three placements, you will work in the areas of Account Management, Category Management and Business to Business.
- In Account Management, you’ll work with a certain type of customer, building relationships, developing promotions, negotiating and gathering an understanding of consumers.
- In Category Management, you’ll cover a category of products, becoming an expert on their marketplace, consumers and competitors and advising customers on suitable stocks for their demographics.
- In Business to Business, you’ll sell a range of food products, using your product expertise and relationship skills to keep preferred supplier relationships. Who is it for? Any work in this area demands a lot of motivation and an ability to tackle tough situations.
- After all, you’ll be on the front lines, working as an ambassador for our products, making sure people forget the competition and think of Unilever first.
- You will need strong self motivation, have a passion to win and the ability to build strong relationships.
What to expect
- A real job from day one: The programme focuses on building leadership capability and accelerating your development. From the moment you join, you’ll be doing a real job. One that will provide insight to the business, continually test and develop your skills, and make a genuine contribution to our business. You’ll also be involved on every level during a period of time. You will start from day 1 one in a real and existing Customer Development role, working directly for and with our customers. As you progress, the roles get more challenging which can mean managing larger budgets, bigger brands or more people.
- Support and empowerment: We’ll support you every step of the way to senior management but much of your progress will be up to you. You’ll need to be focused and ambitious to get where you want, identifying opportunities and taking responsibility for your own development.
- Career possibilities: At the end of your traineeship you’ll take a next step in developing yourself in the Customer Development area. In any way you will be part of our dynamic organization.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll build partnerships with our wide range of customers and consumers so that we reach our target markets. That could mean working together to maximize a new product launch, recommending the right range of products, developing marketing programmes, negotiating an annual business plan, or looking for new business opportunities.
Who should apply?
- Degree Requirement – Bachelors degree in any discipline.
- CGPA not less than 3.0 on a scale of 5 or its equivalent.
- Not more than 26 years by Dec 2013.
- Work experience of 1year or less.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Would you enjoy working with a wide range of people, across a variety of functions?
- Do you enjoy being part of a team and leading one (with all the responsibility that entails)?
- Do you enjoy managing complicated projects, with demanding deadlines and budgets as well as creative challenges?
- Do you get a thrill from winning?
- Are you motivated to develop yourself with fast pace to become one of Unilever’s future leaders?
Application Closing Date
12th November, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Search Openings”, select Nigeria from theCountry dropdown box and click Search, then click ULFP – Nigeria – Customer Development