The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is a private, non-profit organisation committed to the values of Social Democracy. It was founded in 1925 as Germany’s first political foundation and bears the name of the first democratically elected president of Germany, Friedrich Ebert. Ebert, a Social Democrat, had risen from being a simple craftsman to hold the highest political office in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary/Project Assistant
- The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Nigeria Office seeks to employ a Secretary / Project Assistant who will provide project and secretarial assistance, performing a variety of administrative and financial duties ensuring high quality and precision of work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Resident Representative, the Secretary / Project Assistant will carry out the following tasks:
- Set up and maintain hard and soft copy filing systems for records, correspondence, and other documents.
- Drafting and proof-reading of text and documents.
- Manage the social media face of the office.
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks.
- Any other reasonable tasks assigned by employer
- Assist the Resident Representative (RR) in his internal and external communication.
- Manage schedule and organising meetings and appointments for RR and programme managers with partners and visitors.
- Act as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls
- Take accurate minutes of meetings, routine correspondence and reports.
- Assist in the coordination of conferences, meetings, and travel reservations for the office.
- Support Programme Managers in the planning, preparation, implementation and follow-up of in their programme activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Minimum of a University Degree
Skills and Experience:
- Additional experience in information technology and project management will be an added advantage.
- Very good communication skills and fluency in English is a must.
- Proficient drafting and language editing skills are required.
- At least two years of experience in administrative work or other substantive area is required.
- Previous experience working with a Non-Profit Organization is a very strong advantage.
- Proficient in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Motivational Letter and CV’s in one document, and addressed to the “Human Resource Officer”, by mail to: [email protected] using the Position as the Subject title.
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2018.
Note: Only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.