GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the “GE Store,” through which each GE business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Graduate Engineering Training Program
Job Number: 2374600
Business: GE Oil & Gas
Business Segment: OG-MC Measurement & Control
- GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
- Bently Nevada is an engineering installation service group (P&L Business) within the GE Oil and Gas- Measurement & Control business.
- The Systems & Instrumentation Engineer position is to perform installation, commissioning & trouble shooting of Bently Nevada Systems Hardware & software at customer sites.
The Responsibilities include the following:
- Install & configure Bently Nevada hardware & software required for protecting and managing a wide variety of machine types encountered in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Petrochemicals, Pulp & Paper, and other process industries.
- Assure jobs are executed in accordance with the cost allocations, which are budgeted.
- Assure the job is executed in a timely manner and in accordance with the customer’s schedule.
- Understand contractual commitments.
- Identify problems and take the initiative to eliminate those problems for project success.
- Minimum four-year Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent from an accredited College or University, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation or Mechanical Engineering background.
- Must have at least 1+ year of post-qualification experience working Energy and/or Oil & Gas industries in field maintenance of turbo machinery/vibration analysis diagnostics and instrumentation.
- Perform Data Collection Analysis & Report preparation for machinery problem diagnostics.
- Experience in maintenance and condition monitoring of rotating including centrifugal compressors, gas turbines, steam turbines, pumps etc.
- Demonstrate assurance dealing with people.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in English to convey technical concepts to business and technical personal.
- Ability to work under stressful working conditions including.
- Basic Knowledge of networking hardware and protocols.
- Basic knowledge of Modbus, OPC, NetDDE and serial communications (RS232, 422, 485).
- Electronics and/or mechanical trouble shooting skills. “Hand-on approach
- Good computer skills using MS Operating Systems, specifically Windows 2003 Server & application S/W such as MS office, Access etc.,
- Readiness to Travel on jobs as required by business and Ability to work on onshore and offshore platforms.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer
- Strong customer service mind-set
- Prior field engineering experience is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Good understanding of machinery behaviour and problems
- Knowledge of other Asset Management techniques such as Lube oil analysis
- Thermography, Alignment etc will be given preference
- Ability to use Data collection instrumentation & software’s such as ADRE, DM2000, MCM 2000, System 1 & Snapshot
- Prior project management experience is preferred
- ECDP program graduate is preferred (internal GE employees only)
- Strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online