General Electric Company (GE) operates as a technology, media, and financial services company worldwide. Its Energy Infrastructure segment produces gas, steam, and aero derivative turbines; generators; combined cycle systems; and renewable energy solutions, as well as provides water treatment services and equipment. This segment also sells surface and subsea drilling and production systems, floating production platform equipment, compressors, turbines, turboexpanders, and high pressure reactors to oil and gas companies. GE Nigeria is recruiting Graduate Trainee Mechanical Engineers.
Job Title: Trainee – Mechanical Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Number: 1405897
Business: GE Energy
Career Level: Entry-Level
Trainee Mechanical Engineer will initially be an understudy to the Resident Mechanical Engineer. On successful completion of training and further demonstration of acquired Gas Turbine and Process Compressor knowledge and hands on experience, the Trainee Mechanical Engineer will be considered for a future Resident Mechanical Engineer position in Bonny or similar CSA site in the region.
The Trainee Mechanical Engineer will support the Resident Mechanical Engineer in the execution of the Contractual Service Agreement. The Trainee Mechanical Engineer will perform as un understudy to the Resident Mechanical Engineer’s day to day responsibilities for the management of all mechanical covered equipment. He will learn and acquire knowledge and hands on experience for the below responsibilities/skill sets but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the Field Services, Oil & Gas Services, Repair Services and parts center activities to meet Contractor’s obligations under the Agreement.
- Conduct maintenance planning, pre-Outage, Outage and post-Outage planning activities.
- Assist the customer with regular reviews of maintenance activities.
- Forward and discuss Technical Information Letters (TIL’s) to the customer; plan the agreed upon implementation of any recommendations.
- Respond to the customer’s technical inquiries utilizing GE Contractual Services (GECS) and Oil & Gas technical support services.
- Provide information regarding the latest advancement in Conversion, Modification and Upgrades (CM&U) opportunities to the customer and assist with implementations of any recommendations.
- Work with the customer’s site teams to develop maintenance schedules, which optimize Covered Unit reliability and availability.
- Maintain a maintenance history for the Covered Units.
- Take the lead in diagnosis and resolving maintenance or operational problems on the Covered Units with support of customer’s operation & maintenance staff.
- Perform the on-Site inspection of all Parts (new, used or refurbished) for completeness, correct execution against drawings, damage, etc.
- Provide on the job training of customer’s operation & maintenance staff.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years GE (or equivalent) Technical Experience as Field Service Engineer or Technical Advisor is preferred. Also fresh graduates with outstanding academic credentials will be considered
- Prior knowledge and hands on experience of GE 6B and 7EA Gas Turbine, Generators and Process Application Axial/Centrifugal Compressors will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skill is essential… Should be able to work effectively internally and externally
- Ability to learn and train/teach internal and external customers
- Confidence / assertiveness with strong influencing skills to generate extra work growth opportunities. Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ambiguous situations.
Continuous improvement mind set, Lean outage excellence. Sixsigma Greenbelt certified
and hands on experience.
Method of Application
Click here to apply online