Posted on :
6 Jul, 2010
GE Nigeria is a world leader in advanced technology equipment and services for all segments of the oil and gas industry, from drilling and production, LNG, pipelines and storage to industrial power generation, refining and petrochemicals. We also provide pipeline integrity solutions, including inspection and data management.
Job Title: Specialist, HR Transactions
Job Number: 1219982
Function: Human Resources – HR Transactions
Business: GE Energy – Oil & Gas
Career Level: Experienced
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Specialist – HR Transactions is responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
– Responsible for supporting on-boarding / exit processes at a business segment or region level including employee consultation regarding benefits and pay and Oracle modifications associated with these transactions.
– Partner with the Human Resources Manager and business leadership team to lead HR processes such as organizational development and effectiveness.
– Responsible for performance management, staffing, training, initiatives, compensation, career development, employee relations, policy development, etc.
– Build and maintain effective working relations with the leadership team and employees to advise both on employee-related and organizational matters.
– Lead and facilitate change efforts, implement strategic HR initiatives to create a strong culture of leaders and high performing teams.
– Offer a customer focused global HR service, which supports GE culture and values
– Manage and administrate the recruitment and selection process using appropriate tools and methods to source high caliber candidates
– Work with the management team on succession planning, and employee development
– Apply and monitor HR and payroll policies and procedures, assisting in the implementation of new policies as required
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
– At least 1 year of Human Resource experience
– Minimum 1 year of experience in the Oil & Gas / Energy environment
– Good command of oral and written English.
– Good presentation and communication skills
– Good working knowledge of Nigeria legislation
– Work efficiently without direct supervision, consistently demonstrating high levels of performance
– Strong computer skills
Application Deadline: Till Position is taken