Posted on :
6 Jul, 2010
6 Jul, 2010
General Electric (GE) is a world leader in advanced technology equipment and services for all segments of the oil and gas industry, from drilling and production, LNG, pipelines and storage to industrial power generation, refining and petrochemicals. We also provide pipeline integrity solutions, including inspection and data management.
Job Title: Turbomachinery – Senior Project Manager
Job Number: 1159778
Function: Services – Project Management
Business: GE Energy – Oil & Gas
Career Level: Experienced
Location: Port Harc0urt, Nigeria
Responsible for the Execution of the Project in terms of the main contractual obligations – i.e.full compliance with Contract scope of supply and agreed Technical Requirements, timely delivery and quality as well as achievement of the expected profitability of the Project itself.
– He/she is the main interface between the Customer and GE O&G with great visibility inside and outside the Company.
– He/she plays a proactive role in problems prevention during the Project life cycle by highlighting potential areas of concern and promptly driving other departments in solving issues, which could affect Project flawless execution. In doing so, he/she gains a complete and deep knowledge of the processes and activities throughout the whole Company.
Among the above responsibilities, he/she will mainly focus on:
* Translating Customer needs/requirements into detailed Project plans shared with Company Functions involved and driving internal execution to meet the targets.
* Managing cross-functional Teams
* Developing enduring faithful Customer relationships
* Ensuring/improving Project profitability
* BS Engineering – Mechanical preferred
* At least 10 years of experience as Project Manager
* Fluent spoken English
* Contractual Term and Conditions knowledge
* Available to travel at short notice
The ideal candidate has Customer Centric behavior, is able to deal with complex Customers and meet specific requirements when needed. Strives for achieving the Project goals and Customer satisfaction. Has passion for the work “well done first time”, intellectual rigor and professional discipline while running the Project. Has strong team leadership and team building skills. Is a team player, able to effectively communicate with his/her peers and supervisors. Has good influencing skills when dealing with Functions. Has effective communication and presentation skills
Application Deadline: Till Position is taken