GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE Power & Water is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Number: 1991839
Location: Lagos, NigeriaRole Summary/Purpose:
Provide on site technical direction on generator inspection, repair and installation
, , commissioning and maintenance on customer owned power generation and industrial facilities (Power generation includes customer owned utilities, marine drives, industrial power plants and nuclear power plants
utilizing gas and steam turbines; Industrial facilities include power generation, marine, petrochemical, paper, steel, automotive and transportation industries)
The Field Engineer 6 is responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
The primary responsibilities of our Field Engineers are to :
- Provide customers with high quality, value added service worldwide, front-line business of GE Energy.
- Provide technical direction and/or project management of installation, commissioning and maintenance of gas turbine, steam turbine generator products.
- Support the business growth requirement by driving customer satisfactory.
- Six sigma / quality initiative.
- Good University degree in Electrical / Electronics engineering
- 1-3 relevant experience in Electrical / Electronics engineering- Good command of oral and written English skill.
- Willingness to develop self in the Gas turbine technology
- Training/experience with installation and maintenance programs for Gas Turbine & Generator sets and all related offbase related auxiliary equipment.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Willing to continuously work on construction site and travel worldwide.
- Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.
- Power plant or field service experience preferred.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Successful candidates will be employed under local employment conditions. Please submit resume in English
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Ability to work with all levels of the organization · Strong oral and written communication skills · Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Method of Application