Title : Systems and Instrumentation Engineer
Company : General Electric
Location : Nigeria
GE Nigeria is looking for suitable and qualified Engineer for the post of Systems and Instrumentation Engineer.
The Systems Engineer position is to perform installation, commissioning & trouble shooting of Bently Nevada systems & software at customer sites.
- Minimum four-year Bachelor of Engineering degree from an accredited college or university, Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering background.
- Must have at least 3+ years of post-qualification experience working energy and/or oil & gas instrumentation.
- Demonstrate assurance dealing with people.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personal.
- Ability to work under stressful working conditions including.
- Basic Knowledge of networking hardware and protocols.
- Basic knowledge of Modbus, OPC, NetDDE and serial communications (RS232, 422, 485).
- Electronics and/or mechanical trouble shooting skills. “Hand-on approach.
- Install & configure Bently Nevada hardware & software required for protecting and managing a wide variety of machine types encountered in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Petrochemicals, Pulp & Paper, and other process industries.
- Assure jobs are executed in accordance with the cost allocations, which are budgeted.
- Assure the job is executed in a timely manner and in accordance with the customer’s schedule.
- Understand contractual commitments.
- Identify problems and take the initiative to eliminate those problems for project success.
- Desired Characteristics B.E. (Electronics or Instrumentation) with four years of relative Industrial experiences.
- 3+ years Experience working on energy and/or oil & gas instrumentation.
- Knowledge of Bently products and service machinery protection management system is preferable.
Click here for more information