Gemstone Microfinance is a non-bank agricultural microfinance cooperative society. It is a registered national member of the Association of Non-Bank Microfinance Institutions of Nigeria (AMFIN). The society is also registered and regulated in every state where it currently operates. With an annual turnover of N2.3Billion, the financial services arm (RC: 1587936) of Gemstone Microfinance has been instrumental to the success stories recorded by its over 27,000 active members in the last two years of operation.
In its two years of operation, Gemstone Microfinance has provided over N2 Billion in credits to its members in the agricultural business sector across its twenty-four (26) branches in twelve (12) states and the Federal Capital Territory. The society’s main focus has been the development of the crop and livestock production, logistics, food processing and retail subsectors. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Teller
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assisting customers with processing transactions, such as deposits, withdrawals, or payments, resolving complaints or account discrepancies, and answering questions.
- Informing customers about bank products and services.
- Tracking, recording, reporting, and storing information related to transactions, bank supplies, and customers, ensuring all information is accurate and complete.
- Maintaining and balancing cash drawers and reconciling discrepancies.
- Packaging cash and rolling coins to be stored in drawers or the bank vault.
- Handling currency, transactions, and confidential information in a responsible manner.
- Using software to track bank information and generate reports.
- Following all bank financial and security regulations and procedures.
- B.SC in any field of study with at least 1 year work experience.
- Sufficient clerical, bookkeeping, and administrative cash handling experience
- Previous work experience as a Cashier/Teller in the banking sector will be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Ability to maintain a balance of large bulk of currency constantly
- Ability to maintain confidential information, thereby safeguarding the bank’s integrity
- Ability to execute assigned duties effectively by proper understanding of both verbal and written directives
- Adequate customer service orientation and experience.
- Should have written and verbal communication skills; Organization skills; Time-management skills; Teamwork skills; Multitasking skills
- The ability to process transactions quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literacy.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected]using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2021.