Posted on :
6 Jul, 2010
6 Jul, 2010
GE is a world leader in advanced technology equipment and services for all segments of the oil and gas industry, from drilling and production, LNG, pipelines and storage to industrial power generation, refining and petrochemicals. We also provide pipeline integrity solutions, including inspection and data management.
Job Title: Turbomachinery – Installation Manager
Job Number: 1159782
Function: Services – Project Management
Business: GE Energy – Oil & Gas
Career Level: Experienced
Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Driven by dynamic business growth opportunities we have an immediate opening for an experienced Project Manager to take responsibility for the installation management in the Region. This role is integral to achieving project objectives in quality, time, safety, environment management, cost control and managerial functions.
Your scope of responsibility will extend from design elements through to project installation & commissioning management, and engagement of external contractors & suppliers as well as key internal and external stakeholders.
Included within this scope is:
– Lead the execution of the order for both Customer and internal organization, playing a proactive role in problems prevention during the Project life cycle
– Manage material shortage to site
– Highlight potential areas of concern and promptly driving other departments in solving issues which could affect Project flawless execution.
– Identify potential risk factors which may impact the project
– Ensure/improve project profitability through margin review and cost analysis
– Develop enduring faithful Customer relationships
– Reach the planned budget and reducing the past dues.
– Support the PM providing the latest status and forecast of the construction and supervision incurred and to go costs
– Manage the company’s internal management systems, tools and processes necessary for tracking, planning and resolution of non – conformities.
– Represent the company in Project Kick
– Off Meetings & Reviews
The successful candidate will most likely be a qualified Mechanical Engineer with a record of project management experience in the Oil & Gas industry, although candidates from other sectors are encouraged to apply.
Throughout your career you have demonstrated an ability to develop and implement strategies to accomplish business goals. You are a confident, self-motivated leader, willing to take responsibilities across geographic and business boundaries.
You achieve real business outcomes working with others, across all levels of an organization.Your key competencies are effective communication skills, project and schedule management, problem solving of project ‘roadblocks’ and relationship development with key stakeholders.
Candidates must have strong English communication skills.
Contractual Term and Conditions knowledge
Technical knowledge of Turbines and Compressors
Six Sigma Green Belt certification
Application Deadline: Till Position is taken