General Industrial Supplies and Services Limited was incorporated in May 2nd 2013 and started operations June 1st 2013. Our main focus is to add value to the Nigerian Business in the distribution of World class products from leading brands such as Varta, Falken, Champion, Petro-Canada and RS Components. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Ref No: SNA2020002
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable;
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status;
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending;
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns;
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance;
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work;
- Support month-end and year-end close process;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures;
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers;
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process;
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule;
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Proven working experience as a Snr. Accountant of not less than 7 years in manufacturing industries;
- B.Sc. or HND in Accounting/Accountancy from a well recognised higher institution or its equivalent;
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks, datacom and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Relevant certification (e.g. ICAN, ACCA, CMA or CPA) will be preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the job title “Snr. Accountant -SNA2020002” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 26th May, 2020.