Our client is a leading industrial conglomerate. The group is currently looking for a General Manager for its FMCG Company. The company manufactures markets and distributes its range of healthcare products in West Africa.
- Achievement of the budgeted Monthly & Annual Plan Sales, Profits and Cash-flow contributions for the company by the effective implementation of approved strategies, within the scope of the Annual Plan & Budget
- Responsible for the effective and efficient day to day management and deployment of the Company’s physical, financial, product, trademark, marketing, distribution and human resources and assets in such a manner to achieve the primary objectives
- Contribute to the planning and achievement of future growth and development of the Company
- Maintain systems appropriate to the full and timely reporting and review of all business activities of the Company
Sales & Marketing:
- Manage, and develop, the Companies distribution structures, customer base and field selling resources.
- To devise and implement effective sales promotions, pricing strategies and advertising programmes.
- To devise, develop and implement approved marketing strategies in order to minimally achieve the targeted brand shares in the categories and segments in which the Company competes.
- To recommend and then develop to launch, within agreed timescales and scope, new products, line extensions and brands compatible with the future aspirations and growth of the Company.
- To fully monitor and report and competitive in market activities and performance through the effective use of tracking studies, market research and field sales reporting methodologies, tools and reporting systems.
Finance & Administration
- To ensure the consistent timely delivery of fully accurate Financial & Management Reports, including Annual & Monthly Operating Budget & CAPEX Plan for the Company, Quarterly Latest Estimates, Monthly Financial Statements, Sales, Production & QA Compliance Reports, Weekly Report
- Ensure adherence to all proscribed QA and manufacturing protocols; monitor their effective implementation; and update on a timely basis, as appropriate.
- Ensure achievement of the finished product Monthly production volumes.
- Ensure the timely receipt of all raw materials and packaging materials, to the proscribed specification and quality protocols, in a quantity sufficient to meet the production and stock holding requirements (MRPII) that forms part of the Company?s Monthly & Annual Budgets, and within the budgeted unit costs.
Qualifications et experience
- Graduate level / Possibly an MBA
- Broad commercial and general management experience across functional disciplines
- Proven track record on sales and marketing functions
- Financial expertise
- Experience within FMCG sector
- Proven practical hands on management track record
- Experience in West Africa; and or demonstrably similar challenging
- Fully fluent in spoken and written English. (French is a +)
What is on offer
Attractive expatriate package
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.
Apply here: http://en.adexen.com/apply_NGA0238_general-manager.html