GentRoyal Koncepts is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
- Advise and instruct on various safetyrelated topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.).
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation.
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or nonconformity (e.g. not using protective equipment).
- Proven experience as safety officer
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- B.Sc / BA in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred.
- Certificate in occupational health and safety.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as subject of the email
Application Deadline: 30th August, 2020.