GIBADI is Africa’s #1 Online Industrial Store. At Gibadi, we are constantly interested in people who desire to make a difference, who love what they do and would like to do it here. Hard work, dedication, passion and team spirit are key elements of our work culture.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graphics Designer
- The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing design deliverables that elevate, differentiate, and function on-brand and on-strategy.
- Deliverables include website creative, landing pages and banners for multiple browsers and devices. This team member interacts with all other functions and is ready to the take lead.
- We seek a brilliant problem solver, proven innovator, and excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it.
- The candidate possesses that rare blend of interaction design, visual design, prototyping, and implementation skills.
- Interact with all functions to maintain optimum communication between teams and design lead.
- Participate in design sessions and contribute through creative concepts and creative input
- Be involved in conceptualization and design of graphic applications from concept to completion.
- Oversee onsite interaction design.
- Coordinate newsletter design
- Oversee and manage approval process for all graphic design pieces
- Schedule, manage and prioritize graphic design work
- Maintain and continuously improve brand guidelines
- Design press kits and seasonal catalogues.
- Create designs that are consistent with our brand guidelines including look, feel and tone. Be accountable for brand consistency across campaigns and assets – website, email and other marketing programs.
- Build creative assets from scratch, bringing together brand photography assets, on and off figure imagery, and unique typography.
- Assist in storyboarding concepts in which to showcase creative work.
- Execute eCommerce design projects that include production work and image optimization.
- Balance and manage own workload according to established business priorities.
- Be detailed in organization of projects. This includes management of project briefs, awareness of project specs, deadlines, etc.
Interested candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in any reputable University.
- Minimum 3 years in graphic design, with a strong focus on eCommerce
- Strong conceptual skills and strategic mindset.
- Ability to articulate current design trends and understand what makes them compelling
- Working Knowledge of web design best practices, including image optimization, Responsive design, HTML and CSS and CMS.
- High level of proficiency in Typography
- Experience with branding and identity design
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and operate in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-motivated with good initiative
- Open-minded and able to use constructive feedback
- Strong portfolio
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application Online: Click Here