Girl Effect, is an organisation working to break the cycle of inter-generational poverty. We do this by investing in programmes for girls, connecting girls to each other to amplify their voices, and brokering access to the critical assets girls need. We drive behavior change by harnessing media in innovative ways and building social networks to shift girls perceptions of themselves and how others value them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coordinator, Evidence
Context of Role
- Girl Effect Nigeria is looking for a brilliant qualitative Researcher/Analyst, the Evidence research Specialist will support design and implementation of girl-centered, innovative and robust approaches to research within Girl Effect, designing insights-driven girl-centred research on subjects including social and gender norms, education, SRH, HIV, GBV, Media etc
- From design through to dissemination, all research within Girl Effect requires cross-functional working with colleagues across Gender, Brand, Digital and Fund Mobilization teams.
- The role might require occasional international travel.
- They will project manage and take technical oversight of formative, creative, monitoring and evaluative research that supports a range of Girl Effect products and external research
- These products include the global online platform Springster and Girls Connect, a first-of-its-kind mobile platform that enables girls to explore and express their curiosities about growing up and a new youth brand in Nigeria.
- The Specialist, Evidence will work closely with Girl Effect’s Abuja-based Senior Evidence Manager as well as Evidence colleagues based in Nigeria and at Girl Effect London office to design and deliver research that is fit-for-purpose, timely and meeting the highest technical and ethical standards. Girl Effect utilizes a range of methodologies, including a bespoke mobile-enabled peer research network of girls – TEGA – which the Specialist will be encouraged and supported to leverage for right-fit research delivery.
What You’ll Do
- Design and deliver TEGA research including for internal and external clients including formative, monitoring and evaluation and creative testing.
- Create youth-friendly survey tools, integrate girl feedback and conduct qualitative data analysis to produce reports with clear and actionable insights and recommendations for Girl Effect and its partners
- Work closely with Gender, Brand, Digital and Girl Networks teams to ensure that research is respectful, youth-friendly, and appropriate for different cultural and social contexts
- Provide technical support to research implementation, ensuring that methods, tools, ethical and safeguarding standards, and field implementation meet high standards.
- Support the Senior Manager, Evidence in driving innovation and quality in evidence and insight generation, through continual reflection on and contribution to strengthening research design and implementation – with particular focus on the Girl Effect’s TEGA methodology
- Actively contribute to sharing and learning across the Evidence and Insight global team through accessible and engaging research reporting and presentation, participation in research uptake workshops and acting as an approachable and reliable contact for colleagues across Girl Effect when evidence queries arise
- Produce engaging case studies, research briefings, reports and other knowledge products for external dissemination
- Participate in all strategic and programme planning and related activities of the Girl Effect Nigeria team.
Who You Are
- You’ll have a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology or other Social Science. Postgraduate highly desirable.
- You will be creative and possess an inquisitive mindset
- You’ll have strong communication and organisational skills
- You will show commitment to realising the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect.
- You will have gained full-time experience in social or commercial research, with a focus on qualitative research design and analysis
- You should have demonstrable skills in producing high quality, innovative and engaging research presentations and briefings for diverse audiences
- You’ll have a strong cultural awareness and sensitivity about the cultures within which Girl Effect operates
- You should have experience working remotely with colleagues and/or field agencies and ability to work effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds
What Else You Should Know
- You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
- At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
- As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
- Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight)
Application Deadline 31st May, 2018.