Girl Effect, is an organisation working to break the cycle of inter-generational poverty. We do this by investing in programmes for girls, connecting girls to each other to amplify their voices, and brokering access to the critical assets girls need. We drive behaviour change by harnessing media in innovative ways and building social networks to shift girls perceptions of themselves and how others value them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Institutional Partnerships
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
What You’ll Do
- You should have experience working with established NGOs to achieve mission aligned social impact and will have the credibility to grow Girl Effect’s network while also leading on and establishing a culture of fundraising within the organisation.
- Critical to your success will be your ability to communicate and influence through compelling, sophisticated and technically excellent proposals. In addition, you will secure, develop and manage key donor/partner accounts.
- As Girl Effect increases the scale of its reach and impact, we aim to leverage the funding of our original founders and grow our investment and funding further.
- The Partnership team in London is responsible for Girl Effect’s fundraising and partner relations, working closely with Girl Effect’s CEO and COO to manage our income strategy and fundraising campaigns. We seek philanthropic gifts together with institutional and corporate grants to maintain the operations of Girl Effect and undertake new opportunities.
- As Senior Manager, Institutional Partnerships of GE Nigeria, you will lead on fundraising and partner/donor engagement including development donors, donor governments as well as other INGOs and organisations with whom we can partner on proposals for donor funding.
Representation and Fund Mobilisation:
- Explore and build partnerships with key development actors to broaden the reach of the Girl Effect brand and content and how this can accelerate the work of other partners’ work on adolescent girl programming.
- Grant manage all successful bids to ensure an adequate kick off with all those involved in the project/programme, schedule regular (quarterly) review meetings to ensure the project/ programme is on track to ensure that all deliverables, compliance and reporting requirements are being met and conclude with a close out meeting and lessons learned.
- Complete weekly input to the Global partnerships report as well any agreed monthly/ quarterly reports and other reports that may be required from time to time.
- Monitor results across the team and ensure that regular reports of key metrics and results are provided to the Country Director and/or Deputy Country Director
- Join regular meetings and calls in relation to fund management and partnerships
- Ensure adequate knowledge and systematic file management on the google drive such that it is easy for anyone to find information on fundraising, partnerships, proposals and so on.
- Further develop our institutional pipeline, actively identifying potential prospects and tracking them through the cultivation process.
- Lead on the development and implementation of new prospecting plans, keeping abreast of development trends and peer organisations’ work in this field, and maximising opportunities for Girl Effect.
- Lead on developing high quality and compelling proposals working with key contacts across the organisation and helping to shape a product portfolio designed for impact and scale.
- Manage key accounts as assigned, acting as a senior representative to enhance and amplify these relationships, whilst ensuring a pathway to organic growth.
- Build and secure strong relationships with relevant Governments ministries, officials and institutions in Nigeria who will be key to the appropriate credibility and visibility of both the brand and the Girl Effect Nigeria entity.
- Work closely with our marketing and communications team, networking and building our profile with partners and potential investment from others and actively seek opportunities to showcase Girl Effect Nigeria’s work.
- Relationship management including strategic direction, stewarding of the relationship, team coordinating and reporting within GEN as well as with the Partnership team in London.
- Participate in decision making as part of a matrix organisation to motivate and engage a global team and share best practices.
- Drive strong working relationships with the Global Team to ensure global priorities are balanced and integrated into local thinking and share best practices to accelerate cross-learning.
- Live and promote ‘The girl Effect Way’ – our principles and working habits that tie us all together to and contribute to a strong local team.
Who You Are:
- Extensive experience of establishing and managing grants – from proposal writing, producing pitch decks and programme design, through to evidence metrics and annual reporting.
- A driven networker, keen to forge new relationships and build strong synergies between organisations and individuals.
- A strong team player, able to set a vision and work across the organisation to create new opportunities and deliver results.
- Experience of managing complex projects and ensuring plans are delivered on time and on budget.
- A powerful communicator and a strong leadership capability, bringing the wider team on the partnership journey and effectively managing communication about our work with
- At least 10 years of experience working with a major INGO in a fundraising and partnership function.
- You have in-country experience, cultural understanding and existing contacts in the development sector, philanthropic sector and Government with particular reference to potential statutory and state funders.
- Extensive fundraising experience, with a proven track record of winning multi-million, multi-year bids from key government donors such as DFID, USAID, Global Affairs Canada, SIDA etc.
- Good awareness around trends in development funding both at a global level and in emerging markets.
- You are able to think strategically and translate this into practical engagement.
- Familiar with key Foundation/NGO/multilateral players of interest to identify strategic alignments & opportunities.
- Familiar with building consortia partnerships and engaging ‘established in the field’ community of NGOs to jointly go after bids and designing programmes
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply