GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Warehouse Manager
- Warehousing manager, responsible for all warehousing, distribution and invoicing operations
- HND in relevant course
- At least 4 years working experience in similar position.
- Warehouse operations experience, accounting skills and JDE knowledge.
- To collate orders and plan invoicing for partners.
- Warehouse management
- Process orders from partners
- Plan invoicing by determining total cases for truck tonnage
- Print invoice out for warehouse personnel for loading out
- General supervision of warehouse operations which include receipt of both locally produced products and imported finished products and routing of stocking at the warehouse.
- Ensure proper documentation, arranging of SKUs on designated racks for proper rack utilization.
- Ensure prompt posting of products received and also ensure adequate update of records.
- Supervises and coordinate activities of warehouse personnel involved in sorting (handling of Pick Slips), tracking, unloading and loading, as well as forklift operators.
- Manage loading and route planning activities, also determine load factor that minimizes cost of transportation.
- Supervise all housekeeping activities to ensure they are in line with GSK HSE standards and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure daily report of all warehouse activities is done promptly and reported to the warehouse manager.
- Prepare Ageing report, SLOB report and other relevant inventory management report
- Ensuring that lot numbering and expiry dated of receipts and despatches are in line with acceptable GSK standard.
- Providing necessary data as regards stocks to the Distribution for presentation to warehouse manager which will be forwarded to senior management.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Job Title: General Manager
- As GM and leader of the GSK Pharma business, I inspire, align and provide direction to the GSK team, creating a culture where people can develop and be their best and deliver value to our patients, physicians and shareholders. I am accountable for ensuring that appropriate patients have access to GSK medicines in my country.
- Together with my team, I maintain a strong and responsible link with the community where we operate, through our work with policy makers, professionals, associations and NGOs.
- To successfully implement GSK strategy in my country, I integrate insights that I gain from having a 360 degree view by looking down, out and forward; and I leverage the global GSK capabilities and talent.
- Representing GSK in my country, I have the privilege of being the custodian of GSK’s reputation. I hold myself and my team accountable for the GSK values, policies and ethical standards, as well as local laws, to ensure we operate with the highest level of integrity.’
Key Accountabilities of the GM
Managing the Business:
- Performance Management, including Resource Management.
- Flawless execution and implementation of all commercial strategies – including pricing, market access, launching new assets, operational planning, prioritisation, portfolio and brand management.
- Evolving the business model.
Compliance & Ensuring a licence to operate:
- Identifying and managing risks, allocating resources and priorities.
- Escalating issues and risks, and informing centrally when needed, creating a ’speak up’ culture.
- Setting up a governance structure so the GM has appropriate level of oversight.
- Compliance and Implementing the GSK Framework.
- Chairing Risk Management & Compliance Board (RMCB).
- Crisis Management and business continuity planning.
- Pharmacovigilance, clinical trials, patient safety.
- Acting as Statutory and Legal Representative for the country.
- Communicating SOPs and ensuring GSK policies are followed, e.g. recognition, reward, disciplinary, grievance, people policies, mandatory training.
- Supply chain and QMS.
- Regulatory and labelling.
- Employee health and safety.
- Tax compliance.
Working across boundaries:
- Leveraging and energising the matrix, influencing and collaborating to reach win-win solutions for their country and the enterprise, and implementing global initiatives. Bringing a broader global perspective to global and regional teams.
- Working in collaboration to build strong Cx/Rx and Rx/ViiV relationships to maximise synergies and ensure that GSK has one face externally.
- Chairing the Country Executive Board, aligning the businesses and functions.
- Participating in the Medical Board.
- Being the ‘face of GSK’ externally, ’walking the talk’, PR, Media relations.
- Initiating and growing appropriate relationships with government bodies, health communities, industry associations. Shaping the external environment where appropriate.
- Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Managing and relationship with work councils, maintaining good relationships and good employee relations environment.
Leadership – In addition to the Leadership Expectations:
- Being the ‘face of GSK’ internally: ‘Walking the talk.’ Role modelling and embedding the GSK Expectations and GSK Values.
- Setting the tone and the culture.
- Managing change; leading through transitions. Driving a culture of continuous improvement, building an agile learning organisation.
- Inspiring, engaging and aligning employees with the strategy.
- Attracting, identifying and developing diverse talent and organisational capability for the future, including enterprise talent.
- Knowledge management.
- Providing feedback to line managers on dotted line reports.
Key Leadership and Professional/Technical Capabilities required
Leadership Expectations – Professional & Technical Capabilities:
- Set direction & inspire- Using sound judgement to set a clear and compelling vision that shows your people how their work contributes to delivering our strategy and mission.
- With emphasis on: Translating GSK Vision and Strategy. Communicating an authentic vision to create alignment, releasing energy in others, engaging and inspiring them.
- Risk Management – Identifying, managing and mitigating risk.
- Finance – P&L, resource allocation and portfolio management, forecasting, identifying opportunities and risks to the business, understanding company results and financials.
- Project Management – ADP, Strategy Deployment.
- Sales – Channels, customer engagement framework, segmentation and targeting, competition and incentives, sales force effectiveness, monitoring performance, global sales force compensation, significant people leadership and extended span of control.
- Legal – Understanding of law as it relates to local policies: competition law, corporate governance, local insight, local policies, ABAC.
- Marketing – Digital, customer insight, brand positioning, competition, franchises/commercial model, customer strategy, strategic planning.
- Government Affairs – Stakeholder mapping, developing advocacy, industrial policies, representing GSK and GSK policies and help to shape the external environment.
- Communication & PR – In addition to internal communication, externally with media, work councils, industry bodies.
- Market Access / Regulatory – Pricing / health economics.
- Medical – Medical governance, Pharmacovigilance, clinical trials. Medical affairs planning.
- HR – Knowledgeable about labour laws, often context specific.
- Working across boundaries – Cultivating a network of collaborative relationships, based on mutual trust, to ensure the best outcome for GSK as a whole.
With emphasis on:
- Internal – Leveraging and energising the matrix, influencing and collaborating.
- External – Using instinct and taking a more sensing approach to spotting trends and understanding the market and patients.
- Release energy – Creating a healthy, engaged and inclusive working environment that is sustainable over time.
- With emphasis on: Releasing energy in others.
- Developing capability and talent – Investing in your people and building the organisational capabilities necessary to implement our strategy, now and in the future.
- With emphasis on: Identifying, attracting, developing and retaining talent.
- Drive performance – Holding yourself, your team and others accountable for delivering quality results.
- With emphasis on: Delivering great performance and execution. Creating alignment, prioritising activities, and having the ability to pull the right levers for growth.
- Live our values – Acting as a role model, ensuring everything you do is in line with our values, serving patients and consumers.
- With emphasis on: Role modelling and setting a culture where the GSK Values are at the heart of every decision.
Recommended Experiences for prospective GMs (Expected followed by desirable)
- P&L Experience of managing P&L, and exposure to financial leadership.
- Commercial Experience in a commercial role, e.g. sales or marketing. Additionally gives exposure to the customer interface.
- Above Country Have held an above country – such as Franchises, matrix role or significant project role. Ideally has held a role in GSK House to help build network and profile and develop an enterprise view.
- People Leadership Experience of leading diverse and large teams, both direct reports and matrixed teams. Identified as a good leader.’
- Audit & Assurance Ideally has some experience in Audit & Assurance, or has had. a rotation through the guest auditor programme.
- Global Ethics and Compliance Ideally has some experience in Ethics and Compliance.
- Change Management Experience of initiating and/or developing a complex change initative.
- Experience outside own country / region Experience of working in a different region or country, ideally with different cultures.
- LT Experience Experience as part of an LOC leadership team to help them understand what good looks like.
- External Relations Ideally has some experience of Government Affairs (GA), health associations or industry bodies, e.g. secondment to GA, targeted PULSE assignment, project with an NGO or patient body, shadowing a GM.
- PLC Board responsibility in capacity as appointed
- Role directly supervises 6 Heads of Units (Sales, Marketing, Access, Commercial Supply Chain, Security, Internal and Audit) and dotted line relationship with 6 units (Human Resources, Finance, IT, Company Secretary/Legal, Procurement and Quality) reporting into centre.
- Indirect Reports – 200+
- Managing personnel optimisation to ensure high quality and levels of productivity across the organisation
- Manages strategic alliance with government agencies (Ministries and Parastatals) to ensure GSK RX continues as a going concern
- Responsible for quality of cross functional activities within the organisation
- Leads one or more business/function wide matrix teams to launch implement key new processes/projects impacting key areas, functions or products.
- Networks and influences the decision making process at Vice President / Senior Executive levels [both to own business and GSK wide]
- Managing of a challenging, uncertain and complex external environment
- A University Degree and strong commercial experience.
- 10 years senior management experience with bias for commercial function – Marketing, Sales.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Job Title: Nigeria/WCA IT Manager
- To act as a single point of contact and accountability for IT business partnering, projects and service delivery.
Stakeholder Management & Strategic Partnering:
- Provide functional and thought leadership to IT and business leadership teams on ‘art of the possible’ to inspire and drive innovation and transformation in GSK businesses.
- To work as IT Single Point of Contact for in-market Pharma business.
- To provide leadership and consultation to Pharma stakeholders on IT investments and value-add activities in alignment and support of business strategic initiatives.
- To work closely with the Pharma business to understand and ensure local business requirements, expectations and opportunities for countries in scope are identified, prioritized and represented in GPIT strategies.
- To influence and actively participate in the definition and prioritization of GPIT strategies and solutions.
- To work with the GPIT Leadership Team and key market business stakeholders to ensure the successful and on-time strategy deployment for Corporate Business Services (CBS) and GPIT projects, target operating model and delivery of benefits.
- To ensure IT budget and funding is approved by all stakeholders both locally and above country and manage/track the market IT budget.
Project Portfolio Management & Delivery:
- To ensure that all pre-project business analyses and other activities necessary to build Business Case, start projects and control budget are delivered.
- Define problem statement and involve proper IT and non IT stakeholders, specialists and Business Consultants necessary to deliver Business Case and start project and ensure successful project delivery.
- To ensure business users of new and/or changed IT systems modify their processes and/or ways of working to derive the planned benefits from the system.
Service Management & Delivery:
- To ensure that Customer Satisfaction is regularly measured, analysed, necessary corrective actions and improvement actions are taken.
- To lead/facilitate serious escalation processes in countries in scope and to lead/coordinate the GPIT response to crisis situations, like unavailability of a critical system, data loss, FLU Pandemic, etc.
Support other Business Unit Operations:
- Support Consumer and GMS operations where there is no IT representation from these Business Units
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience in the application of information technology to solve business problems, with at least 2 years’ experience in IT management and relationship management with IT vendors and in-sourced IT service providers
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of system design principles and methodologies including requirements management, change management, issue management, financial management and quality control
- Good knowledge of business & cross company processes and strategies and good understanding of how the business processes are supported by key IT systems (ERP, CRM, HR respectively). Hands on experience in a program or project role will be a bonus.
- Regional working experience and proven track record in leading and influencing cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Ability to manage complexity and derive simplicity from it whenever possible
- Strong matrix working skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Strong Account Management skills & customer focus
- Budget management experience
- Strong management & interpersonal skills with other cultures and communication skills.
- Strong matrix management skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Strong multi-tasking skills and prioritisation skills with a flexible attitude as priorities change.
- Ability to proactively coach and develop staff across the varying countries and cultures.
- Ability to strategic thinking, planning and fast learning. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong spoken and written skills in English required (in addition to English, French will be an asset)
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Job Title: Recruitment Lead
- The purpose of the job is to develop, manage and implement recruitment strategies for the organization while maintaining an active pipeline through effective Employer Branding.
- The role requires working closely with internal and external stakeholders ensuring support for talent activities.
- Provide direction and guidance to the team and lead the team to deliver high quality strategic sourcing for market through creating and implementing effective recruitment activities in the talent market;
- Develop line managers’ capability on interviewing and selection by providing training and coaching on interviewing techniques and assessment tools etc;
- Provide training and coaching to line managers on recruitment related SOPs and local labor law to ensure the compliance in daily operations to recruitment minimum standards;
- Proactively participate in driving optimization, simplification and standardization of recruitment SOPs across the country / cluster
- Design the selection matrix for choosing the optimum recruitment channel and recruitment source by monitoring and constantly reducing the costs of the recruitment process
- Keep close communication with key stakeholders in country / cluster such as but not limited to functional heads, HR Generalists etc to understand the business plan and workforce plan as well
- Hands-on recruitment for critical positions, from understanding the job requirement, searching, screening, and providing candidates. Maybe is a part of the interviewing process.
- Develop creative recruitment solutions to attract and acquire top talents esp. for niche or critical roles.
- Devise or introduce effective evaluation method, assessment tools including to enhance the hiring quality
- Lead country / cluster on GSK employer brand promotion by analysing and developing the value proposition of GSK as an employer, and organizing various activities in target talent market promoting GSK towards Most Preferred Employer;
- Lead the country / cluster for recruitment related third party vendor management processes
- Lead the use of the recruitment technology and tools, such as People Fluent, provided by GSK ensuring that agreed SLAs and KPIs for the process are met across the area of remit
- Manage all external communications relating to recruitment e.g. advertisement, communication with executive search firms etc.
- Actively adopting best practices from within the GSK network and other companies operating in the country / cluster.
- Establish appropriate networks outside GSK in the related industry to keep close watch on the talent market movement;
- Manage, coach and develop team members, where applicable, to enable them to be an expert in recruitment function
Key HR Capabilities
- Resource Planning – Proactively manages supply and demand for HR services to ensure optimal use of resource.
- Business Know How – Understands GSK’s internal and external business environment and applies that knowledge and insight in the context of HR activity in order to improve business performance.
- Leading & Delivering Change – Leads, drives or implements the efficient delivery of diverse change projects in support of the company’s strategic agenda within a culture of empowerment, personal leadership and using GSK standard tools.
- Strategic Consulting – Improves organisational performance through the analysis of existing business problems and the development of plans for improvement. Uses methodologies, frameworks or other tools to guide the identification of problems and formulate recommendations for more effective or efficient ways of performing business tasks.
- Data Metrics and Analytics – Use standard GSK tools and methodologies to produce and use data in a responsible way to identify patterns, trends and issues and to measure the impact of HR strategies. When consulting with leaders, use data to provide insight and support best decision making for successful business outcomes.
- Systems and Processes – Understand GSK standardised HR systems and processes in depth and apply that knowledge in an efficient, consistent and responsible way ensuring effective outcomes with a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Knowledge Management – Effective application of HR information, including knowledge management systems, to support best decision making for successful business outcomes
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply here
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.