GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies We have a challenging and inspiring mission to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. With a firm foundation in science, we discover, develop, manufacture and distribute prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
In pursuance of our growth and objectives opportunities now exist in our team as;
Position: Category Manager, Africa – Antinfectives
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The scope will cover Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA): Anglophone West Africa (AWA), Francophone West & Central Africa (FWCA), Kenya, Other East Africa (OEA) and Southern Africa (SnA)
Reporting to the Commercial Development Manager, Africa; the person will be responsible amongst others to;
- Drive sales, marketing & business development strategies in achieving set goals and providing expert support in developing promotional campaigns.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, return on investment and profit-loss projections.
- Design and develop promotional materials centrally and ensure that all adaptations and implementation are in line within the companys collaboration goals and objectives.
- Manage product life cycle within assigned portfolio and constantly review existing opportunities.
- Carry out sales forecasting & strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of brands, conduct analysis and monitor market trends.
Specialised Knowledge :
- Branded Generics (BGx) Product/Technical knowledge including disease knowledge.
- Channel management skills with emphasis on Pharmacy channels.
- Strong communication, time, motivation & territory management skills.
- Effective speaking & persuasion Skills.
- Monitoring, judgment & decision making skills.
- Project Management capabilities.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy degree with at least 5 years sales and marketing experience.
- Experience in Antinfectives (AI) portfolio will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) & ability to speak French & Portugese will confer an advantage.
Application Closing Date
30th August, 2012
Method of Application
Interested candidates should visit our website following the link below to complete application and attach a current resume;
Note: When the page opens, click on Marketing.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.