Global Corporate Logistics (GCL) Hub is an e-commerce Logistics networking web service platform that provides cloud computing based service for consumer to consumer, business to consumer and business to business sales service. The platform allows SME’s and Young entrepreneurs to showcase their creativity, Nigerian made products to interested parties such as consumers and manufactures globally and allow easy transportation of the products globally via Air, sea and Road.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Programmer/Web Developer
- GCL Nigeria is looking to hire an ambitious, resilient IT programmer and developer to join the team. You could either be a recent grad, with a few months early IT experience, or someone with perhaps 1-2 years’ experience in programming, system integrations, oracle database and data science.
- Any links to the agricultural sector would be advantageous but not vital.
Key to this role is finding someone who is able to:
- Build and deploy end to end ICT projects for GCL.
- Respond to technical email inquiries, or set up automated systems to send responses.
- Be a part of the digital marketing execution.
- Contribute creatively to project discussions.
- Perform or direct web site updates, web security.
- To build and design a well robust ecommerce website.
- Data transfer from 3rd part application (product information & order confirmation back to supplier)
- To provide time and resource estimates to assist in the planning of projects
- Engage in setting up appropriate IT infrastructure
- Excellent understanding of servers
- Building new features and maintaining existing code, and technical customer support.
- Provide constructive documentation, user guide and support documentation.
- Reporting features (tax/sales/cost/profit and loss) back End.
- Develop databases that support web applications and web sites.
- Engage in continuous training
What do you need to be for this role?
- A core Developer with good working experience.
- Competent in frontend and backend web languages.
- 3rd Application Integration API communication, FTP communication
- Experience in Mobile/App development
- Have indepth understanding international Payment solution portals, Phone order, Customer reward program, Ebay& amazon integration, Facebook store, mobile store, customer review & rating, order tracking, SSL security, Social marketing etc
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Skilled with Web Frameworks.
- Working knowledge of API integrations.
- Working knowledge of networking.
- Has self-discipline.
- BackendWordPress + PHP any other backend language such as Python or Ruby or Java would be a plus.
- WordPress skill ability to write custom scripts on existing WordPress code base and to modify themes.
- Experience with databases (MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Previously worked with open-source frameworks including Magento, Drupal, Symfony, Joomla
- Thrive in a team environment (team player).
- Can work with minimum supervision.
- Troubleshoot and communicate effectively.
- Ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Smart and diligent.
- Good work ethics and a team player.
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of usability, accessibility and cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Ability to deliver within a deadline.
- Opportunities for travel.
- Progression opportunities based on your merit.
- Exciting monthly rewards and incentives.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
- This opportunity is one that definitely wouldn’t be around for long. If you are interested and believe you tick all the boxes, apply now.
- Only shortlisted individuals will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2017.