Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Business Intern 2016
- Interns at Google bring questions and build answers. We offer a range of internships across EMEA and durations and start dates vary according to a project and location.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and our recruitment team will determine where you fit best based on your resume.
- Responsibilities and detailed projects will be determined based on your educational background, interest and skills.
SMB Sales and Operations:
- When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the “human face” of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses.
- We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of small- and medium-sized businesses.
- Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends.
- Together, we create and implement business plans broadly for every type of small business.
Large Customer Sales:
- Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands.
- We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms.
- We’re uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age.
- We advise clients on Google’s broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
Google for Work:
- We’ve helped millions of employees and organizations around the world to “go Google.” As masters of cloud computing, the Google for Work team helps small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies discover the wonders of “the cloud” and work smarter.
- Our technical and sales teams design and implement solutions for these organizations with custom features, security and support – all with Google’s philosophy of innovation and ease of use in mind.
- Great just isn’t good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as “Â˜Human Resources”).
- Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we’re the champions of Google’s colorful culture.
- In People Ops, we “find them, grow them, and keep them – we bring the world’s most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive.
- Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways.
- Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental.
- And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
Africa Internship Program:
- The Africa team focuses on accessibility, relevance, and outreach.
- They want to make it easier for African users to access information on the internet, deliver more relevant content, and build relationships with Africans who are building the internet.
- Recent efforts in those areas – like Getting African Businesses Online, Gmail SMS, and Google Trader – empower Africans to make better use of technology in their daily lives.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program and maintaining student status throughout the internship. Priority given to students graduating end of 2016 or in 2017.
- Returning to education on a full-time basis upon completing the internship.
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 10 weeks and up to 6 months at Google.
- Previous internship experience in Sales, Advertising, Consulting, Analysis, Customer Service, Marketing, Finance or related fields.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 1st December, 2015
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
- Our team will review applications on a rolling basis.
- All hiring will be complete by the end of May 2016.
- Thank you for your patience while we consider your application.