Posted on :
15 Oct, 2010
15 Oct, 2010
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
Google is busy setting up a presence in Africa, building an adventurous team to embark on a Safari to tackle the worlds’ second largest landmass. If you love adventure and making a difference, Google Africa is the place to be!
The Task: Country Manager
As Country Manager, Nigeria, you’ll be one of Google’s regional leaders and a local spokesperson, representing the company in all of our major business development and partnership opportunities and serving as the voice of the Nigerian user at Google. You’re a visionary and a leader with solid technical skills and experience in managing a variety of technical projects. Additionally, you’re innovative, entrepreneurial and business-savvy. You bring a solid understanding of the country and region’s information and technology communications ecosystem, and you’ll quickly be able to recruit and manage a team. You have experience setting up or running an office and have managed teams successfully on complex, technical projects and strategic initiatives.
* Lead market development opportunities and execute major initiatives that correspond with the Google Africa strategy and are aligned with Google’s mission, values and capabilities
* Optimize the local infrastructure by leading the company’s technology-driven initiatives within the country and the region
* Localize core Google services and products to the local market and manage all aspects of product, ensuring that they are locally relevant and achieve established targets
* Provide superior technical oversight of local Google projects
* Work closely with the Google Kenya office to ensure resources are managed effectively, teams are aligned and East Africa initiatives are well-coordinated
* BA or BS degree in computer science preferred, advanced degree a plus
* Experience working in or with engineering and product management teams
* Experience working with telcos, ISPs and mobile operators
* Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, and experience with negotiating and partner management
* A thorough understanding of the Nigerian information and technology communications ecosystem, including backbone infrastructure, last-mile access and local content
* Understanding of marketing and operations, specifically having demonstrated the ability to successfully launch and scale products and services
* Ability to recruit and manage a world-class team