It’s really the people that make Google the kind of company it is. We hire people who are smart and determined, and we favor ability over experience. Although Googlers share common goals and visions for the company, we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global audience that we serve. And when not at work, Googlers pursue interests ranging from cycling to beekeeping, from frisbee to foxtrot.
Administrative jobs at Google are staffed by bright, organized and dependable people driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish great things. Working behind the scenes, we make a significant impact on the people we support as well as on Google users around the world. We’re adept at leading and managing a variety of simultaneous projects, which requires the particular talent of being able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Emerging Markets
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As an Administrative Assistant, you’re at the heart of your team’s business operations and activities and the soul that keeps your team moving forward.
- You anticipate the needs of your managers and team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise.
- You move quickly with the changing environment and are up to date with the latest Google products and services.
- You also use that knowledge to strategically support your team’s projects.
- In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
- The position will be based either in Lagos or in Nairobi and will support the Emerging Markets team across Sub-Saharan Africa as well as remote support for the Director of Sub-Saharan Africa who is based in Paris.
- Undertake administrative tasks include managing scheduling and calendars for multiple people; making extensive international travel arrangements; coordinating weekly team meetings and group events; office space planning along with office moves; managing team/vacation calendars; processing expense reports; booking meeting rooms; taking meeting minutes.
- Organize logistics for a variety of team offsites and events.
- Set up and maintain websites for the team to include information such as key contacts, meeting minutes/schedules, teams, projects etc.
- Liaise with external clients in setting up meetings and organizing workshops.
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a PA to a team or senior manager, involving calendar management, event planning, leading projects, travel scheduling and booking, budgeting and minuting meetings.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and a proven ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2013
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply