Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager, Developer Ecosystem Communities
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job:
- A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe.
- As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company.
- Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It’s your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
- Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us.
- As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
- As a Program Manager, you will manage the strategies for scalable developer outreach programs in Sub-Saharan Africa and lead the execution of these programs. This includes responsibility for Google developer events, as well as having responsibility for content and regional support.
- You will manage relationships with, and foster creation of, local developer communities, including Google Developers Experts, Google Developer Student Clubs and other developer groups working with Cloud, Machine Learning and more.
- You will meet with local developers and companies in Sub-Saharan Africa, promoting Google technologies.
- Coordinate and manage scalable developer outreach and support programs, including the Google Developer Groups (GDG), Google Developer Student Clubs (GDSC), and Women Techmakers (WTM) programs, across the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Meet with local region developers and companies, promoting Google technologies and programs.
- Track apps and developers from your region, and plan how Google can better spotlight them and their apps.
- Experience in project/program management.
- Experience with team management, working with cross-functional teams, and leading operational initiatives.
- Experience in designing and implementing community driven programs/initiatives.
- Experience of speaking publicly and/or representing your organization successfully to external audiences.
- Experience in a developer-facing role.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.