GOPOD (Governance, Politics and Development) Strategy Limited is a strategy propelled, knowledge-based solution provider in the Public Affairs and Political Communication space. We provide services that help to improve governance and enhance the relationship between the business community and the different arms of government and its agencies.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Political Communications Strategist
Employment Type: Full Time
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement political strategy for clients.
- Research, forecast and evaluate the effects of public policy on an organisation using public sources, political intelligence and personal contacts.
- Assist with research and draft written submissions to government consultations.
- Write newsletters, briefings, campaign material and press releases.
- Establish and maintain two-way communication with relevant MDAs and stakeholders.
- Maintain regular contact, in person and in writing, with politicians, civil servants and staff in local authorities, and regulatory bodies to brief them on clients’ work and concerns.
- Respond to public policy threats and opportunities on behalf of clients.
- Maintain relationships with existing stakeholders and develop new business.
- Provide media management and other publicity activities.
- Review the effectiveness of previous activities, and how the client is viewed by political and other stakeholders.
- Develop communications plans, which include traditional communications, message development, web presence, advocacy and social media, to educate, motivate, and influence target audiences.
- Develop and update issue talking points for sensitive and/or controversial issues.
- Create communications content, including talking points, news releases, op-eds, letters to the editor, blog posts, backgrounders and website and social media content. Draft or coordinate the drafting of documents with communications colleagues.
- Conceptualize, as well as draft and edit, opinion pieces such as blog posts and op-eds.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills; ability to produce clear, concise materials on tight deadlines.
- The ability to communicate persuasively and professionally, in writing and verbally to a wide variety of media, political, stakeholder and influencer audiences.
- Experience and familiarity working with national journalists in print, radio, broadcast, and online, including media outlets and journalists in major cities.
- Substantial experience in planning and executing media and other communications strategies.
- Experience working on integrated advocacy campaigns and political campaigns, using traditional communications and social media.
- Project management is a plus.
- Ability to bring new ideas to our nationwide political strategy, and engage in traditional and social media messaging.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 15th February, 2021.