Gordon Barrett is a human resource management and organizational development firm maximizing sustainable growth by providing innovative human capital strategies. We are on a mission to facilitate change by ensuring increased productivity and profitability in the overall business process of our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intermediate Structural Engineer
- The Intermediate Structural engineer will report to the Senior/Lead Structural Engineer and will assist in undertaking structural design elements for major offshore, onshore and subsea projects using a range of codes and standards, including API, DNV and ISO.
- He/she will be involved in structural design, technology, installation, field development, FEED studies, conceptual work and front end studies.
- He/she will be involved in all aspects of project phases from conceptual development, design, and installation.
- He/she will also assist the Senior/Lead Engineer for issuing technical documents for projects, tenders or internal developments and review of technical documentation from suppliers and or sub-contractors.
- He/she will assist the Senior/Lead Engineer in ensuring that the team produces deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget.
- He/she will also be attending meetings and communicating with other teams on project specific structural issues, liaise with clients and provide leadership and mentoring to the Engineers under his supervision
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division. Applicants with Second Class Lower Division who possess a Master’s degree or Work Experience in the relevant field will be considered.
- Membership of Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Institution of Structural Engineers (ISE), and certification from any other relevant professional bodies will be an additional advantage.
- Five (5) – Seven (7) years relevant post qualification experience (which includes National Youth Service) in the Structural Engineering function of a reputable multinational or professional Engineering Design organization.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Sound technical skills.
- Excellent spatial awareness and ability to think in three dimensions.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts well, diagrammatically, in speech and writing.
- Problem-solving to anticipate identify and resolve problems at any stage.
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- Team oriented
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected]