Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange with shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Business Development Analyst
Vacancy Code: BDA///17531
Department: Business Development
Reporting to either the Head Business Development for West Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa (WAF/SSA), the Analyst conducts Country, Business & Competitor Analysis, Investment Analysis and evaluations, process design and mapping, and strategy articulation, development and documentation.
The Incumbent also handles monitoring, coordination and reporting on-going initiatives/projects as directed by the Head Business Development –WAF/SSA
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the country coordinators to conduct industry or country research
- Gathers and organizes information for problem-solving
- Analyzes data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Develops strategic plans for the different business units or countries of focus
- Designs, interprets and develops business, financial and strategy models for business units or country reps
- Conducts sound financial and investment analysis
- Conducts gap analysis to determine the variance of actual results from targets set
- Conduct analysis, monitor trends, provide forecasts, compare historical performance and measure performance against set targets.
- Preparation and analysis of various reports for Management Information such as Weekly business development reports and presentation.
- Prepare WAF’s/SSA’s contribution to the monthly GCEO’s Blue book template which measures WAFs/SSAs performance index
- Provide administrative support to all units within the WAF/SSA organization
- Planning & Coordination of all WAF/SSA business development team meetings to achieve functional objectives. Also to implement and follow up action points for the unit from all such meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time
Key Performance Indicators
- Depth of research and analysis
- Soundness of investment appraisals
- Quality, timeliness, relevance and accuracy of financial, business models and presentations/documents developed
- Timeliness of execution of tasks
- TRIPP compliance
Qualification & Experience
- A good 1st degree, preferably in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration. If not, any other related field with business/analytical background
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience, with at least 1 in an analyst role within a reputable and structured business environment, preferably in oil & gas, a management consultancy or investment bank
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Very good understanding of Business, Critical Reasoning, Basic Finance, Basic Financial Accounting and Management Accounting
- Investment appraisal and management
- Business Performance Management
- Creativity & Innovation
- Team playing
- Good Oral & Written Communication
- Intermediate level knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics
- Oil and Gas Products Knowledge
- Supply Chain Management
- Coordination &Relationship Management
Application Closing Date
22 November, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Applicants should first of all login into their account with Oando Career Portal before application, new users should click here to register