Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Analyst – Commercial Clients
Job ID: 477384
Job Function: Commercial Clients
Full/Part Time: Full time
- Primarily responsible for managing the credit risk associated with the portfolio and ensuring high quality of the portfolio.
- Closely work with the RM from the origination & play a vital role in deal structuring to add good value from a credit/policy perspective.
- Work with the RM on a specified portfolio and facilitate revenue growth in the portfolio.
- Ensure quality Credit Analysis throughput and speedy BCA completion.
- Participate and contribute to other Balance Sheet optimization oriented activities like asset pricing, facility structuring, etc.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence.
- Work with RM/product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products.
Work with the RM, in:
- Obtaining all pre clearances like ER negativity, segmentation, etc.
- Deals Structuring and other account optimization initiatives.
- Expediting approvals.
- Responsible for end-to-end BCA process including preparing all the tools like Odyssey, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
- Visit Clients operational base with the Relationship Manager (RM) prior to BCA renewals.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. preparing the Country portfolio standard checklist, Temasek check, other special reporting requirements, etc.
- Liaise with GAM Credit for limit approval/allocation.
- Seek necessary approvals for excesses in the account.
Post Deal Account Monitoring:
- Promptly carry out Interim BCA reviews ad amendments as the business demands
- Ensure Zero BCA over due ad extensions not breaching the required threshold.
- Liaise with Credit on BCA ad other credit issues ad ensure quick turnaround o queries.
- Proper maintenance of Credit files ad ensuring Audit Readiness at all times
- Attend Early Alert Reporting (EAR)/ Portfolio call calls along with the RMs
- I partnership with the RM, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put i Early Alert (EAR) as per the bank’s policies ad guidelines
- Maintain close contact with the borrowing clients on a ongoing basis
- Ensure that Credit Files are up to date at all times
- Prepare timely Stress Tests wherever required
- Prepare specific industry study
- I partnership with the RM, approve the TAS request as per the bank’s policy (only FI specific).
- Work o specific request from custody for limits (only FI specific)
- Prepare PMC report (only FI specific). Prepare summary sheets for FIS (only FI specific)
- Prepare Credit Opinion reports wherever required.
- Effective use of CreditMate, RMWB, ad other proprietary tools.
Key Relationships for
- (Deal structuring, Credit information, industry update)
- Clients / Trade associations,
- legal firms, Accountants etc
- (Approval, reporting, monitoring; Joint management of the portfolio as a cohesive team)
- Other stake holders (FM/ TB/CA/CRC, etc)
- To be read with individual Job Objectives
- Effective structuring the deal along with the RM – no of structured deals handled successfully
- Minimum errors and reworks on BCAs being handled
- Completion of BCAs and obtaining Credit approvals on time to facilitate faster execution of transactions.
- Revenue from the portfolio
- No overdue BCA
- Satisfactory Audit and other internal & external reviews
- No movement of account to GSAM without going through EAR
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online