Posted on :
14 Aug, 2013
14 Aug, 2013
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) plays a critical role in providing management services for our life-saving, peace building, humanitarian and Development Operations. I have seen many examples of how these activities help suffering people in troubled parts of the world”
Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary – General
UNOPS helps its partners in the United Nations System meet the world’s needs for building peace, recovering from disaster, and creating sustainable development. UNOPS is known for its ability to implement complex projects in all types of environments around the globe. In Delta state, UNOPS is implementing The Niger Delta Job Creation and Conflict Prevention Initiative which aims at mitigating the violence in the Niger Delta through job creation and conflict prevention initiatives to the vulnerable unemployed youths in the region. The project in Delta State is within the State Government’s Human Capital Development, Peace, Security and Job Creation agenda and is jointly funded by the Delta State Government, United Nations Development Project (UNDP) and Shell Petroleum Development Corporation (SPDC).
This specific project covers a variety of sectors including training of beneficiaries in livelihood vocational skills development, job creation. mind-set change and conflict prevention initiatives. To achieve these objectives, UNOPS alongside the partners are setting up a befitting vocational training centre in Egbokodo, Warri, Delta State and would require the services of suitably qualified individuals for the following additional position:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2013-020
Location: Delta State
The Incumbent will be provide support to department activities with specific responsibility for ensuring that overall policies, practices and regulations meet compliance requirements.
Recruitment for the above stated positions is carried out on behalf of the Delta State Government and successful candidates, once employed shall be subject to the best salary scale obtainable at Delta State institutions with on additional Special Duty Allowances (SDA)- 30% of Gross Salary. Candidates will not be recruited nor subject to UN Contract Agreement.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2013
Method of Applications
1. All interested candidates are expected to submit their applications containing a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the United Nations Personal History form (P11) to the following email address: [email protected]
2. Candidates must ensure that the subject line of the email application includes the position title and vacancy reference e.g Application: System Administrator UNOPS/VA/2013-001.
Failure to meet this requirement will lead to an automatic disqualification.
3. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and no other correspondence will be entered into with applicants
4. For more details on recruitment, candidates are advised to visit UNOPS websites: www.unops.org and navigate to “Who we need”.
5. The UN Personal History Form P11 (Click here to download P11 form in doc format) can also be obtained from the UNOPS