Sahara Group company, “Sahara Energy Resource Limited”, was founded in 1996 as an oil trading business focused on Nigerian and West African oil products. Within 3 years the company had established herself as a credible trading house securing trade lines from first class international banks, like BNP Paribas and United European Bank. Sahara Group Nigeria is recruiting for its Graduate Management Programme (GMP).
Job Title: Graduate Accounting and Audit Program (GAAP)
Job Location: Lagos
- Over the course of 6 months participants on the “GAAP” Programme, you will work on a number of different financial projects within several of our operating companies of the Sahara Group.
- The programme will be focused on standard internal accounting procedures and your ability to analyze financial documents efficiently. During the course of the programme various other projects will be carried out in teams to test how well individuals work in a team.
- All successful applicants will receive both coaching and supervision to ensure you get to know and understand the core fields and activities of the Sahara Group while realizing your strengths and areas for improvement.
- After successfully completion of the 6 months programme, you will begin your first position, for example as a Financial Accounting Analyst, within the trading division or either working in an analytical position within the internal Audit division for the group. The possibilities are limitless!!!
- A project or position overseas is also a possibility.
- The goal of this “GAAP” programme is to train you as a high-value individual in an International Energy Environment. A Management position is possible in time, depending on the qualities you show. In other words, it’s all in your hands…
- Throughout this 6 month programme, you will be supervised by a Career Officer from our Talent Management Unit.
- University degree (B.Sc./B.A) minimum 2nd class lower division in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance – Part Qualification ( ACA, ACCA, CFA)
- Other University degrees apart from mentioned above must have completed their professional qualification – ACA, ACCA or CFA
- Completed NYSC
- 0-2 years relevant post-NYSC experience
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel (Word, Power Point)
- Knowledge of accounting and financial principles and practices for Business Analysis
- Experience with accounting packages ( Oracle, SAP, Peachtree, Simple accounting e.t.c)
- Ability to multi-task with regular interruptions
- Planning analysis/ problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Maximum of 27 years by December 2011
4th March, 2011
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should apply online by following the steps below.
Click here to visit Sahara Career Portal
Select GMP , select GMP & GAAP and click Find
NB: Candidates need to be a registered user on the Sahara career portal before apply for this job – It is free to register.