Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a non-profit international health organisation founded over 40 years ago. MSH’s mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. In Nigeria, As part of a consortium of partners, MSH implements the Tuberculosis CARE I Program (TB CARE I). In Nigeria, TB CARE I is implemented by KNCV (lead partner), MSH, FHI 360 and WHO. This project is one of the USAID’s main global mechanisms for contributing to the global targets of TB control as well as implementing TB/HIV activities under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Job ID: 13-7235
- The success of the TBCARE1 project depends largely on accurate, complete and timely reporting of achievements to PEPFAR/USAID. Achievement of set targets is of utmost importance. Hence, the objective of this position is to strengthen the project M&E system to generate data and strategic information for program management, reporting, documentation of results, and publication of operational research findings; so as to generate strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices.
- Support the development and implementation of TBCARE1 and reporting formats for key indicators and targets in collaboration with the Senior Technical Officer.
- Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the MSH TBCARE central data base and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Assist in the conduct of periodic data quality audits.
- Ensure MSH TBCARE1 provides adequate data for timely reporting to appropriate authorities; and provides inputs into other national and international reporting systems.
- Support building of the capacity of MSH TBCARE staff in the design and implementation of a coordinated and effective monitoring and evaluation system.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at MSH TBCARE
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Link and analyze resource inputs, outputs and outcomes and report on project effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work with TBCARE1 management to document and publish best practices.
- Liaise and network with relevant MSH TBCARE1 partners and collaborators to harmonize our reporting systems.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep the Senior Technical advisor informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Support writing of reports and take responsibility for compilation of joint project report to the donor and partners.
- Supervision: Works independently with authority from the Senior Technical Officer, within strategy and policy guidelines.
- Decision Making: Makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to information within project, and is responsible for program data generation and management.
- Responsibility over Staff: M&E technical support to STBLCP M&E officers, TBLS and facility DOTS focal persons.
- A degree or equivalent in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics.
- At least 2 years hand-on-experience in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Significant experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems. An NGO experience especially with USAID funded project will be an advantage.
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
- Significant experience working on TB programs in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR reporting systems, particularly for TB Programs desirable
- Excellent writing skills, oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2014
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply