APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Officer
- Establish and maintain network user accounts, user environment, directories and security.
- Monitor and manage disk usage.
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Install and test software upgrades.
- Schedule backups and communicate downtime to users.
- Ensure all software is correctly licensed and version up-to-date where applicable.
Ensure that APMT Apapa Health, Safety & Environment policy and procedures are observed as well as all relevant safety legislation and the provisions of the relevant Government of Nigeria Health and Safety & Environmental Acts
- To change passwords and user privileges.
- To make any system configuration change deemed necessary.
- Observe the provisions of the relevant APMT Apapa policies and procedures;
- Inform superior as soon as possible if any general or specific task cannot be performed adequately or timely due to influences beyond your control;
- Ensure this Position Description is updated when specific responsibility areas are changed, and otherwise provide suggestions for changes when relevant;
- To undertake all duties and responsibilities in accordance with APMT Apapa Code of Conduct.
- B.Sc Degree in IT or science related discipline.
- One to two years experience in implementing local area networks.
- Substantial knowledge about computer hardware configurations for UNIX, Win 2003, Cisco and Oracle environments and Microsoft products.
- Exercising leadership in changing situations that stimulates enthusiasm among and encourages development of co-workers;
- Ability to work under pressure with detailed plans and forecasts, anticipate potential resource constraints and diagnose, evaluate and resolve such problems as they happen;
- Capable of establishing priorities for maintenance in accordance with overall objectives and IT goals
- Good problem solving skills;
- Effective communication skills.
- Value and team-based leadership.
- An open and engaging working environment.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online