Our company, Swift Networks is an Indigenous Internet Service Provider Company with outlets spread all over Lagos State. Our core services are the provision of high speed internet services, telephony and IP – VPN services to both residential and enterprise subscribers.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Power Engineer
Locations: Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja
- Ensure adequate supply of power to the head-office and to all equipment within the premises at all times.
- Setup and manage the power infrastructure of the company including generators, ATS panel, inverters, rectifiers, UPSes etc. to guarantee maximum uptime of all devices been powered.
- Manage all accessories external to the generator like fuel/water separator, fuel tank, fuel line system, fuel filters etc.
- Manage all air-conditioning units of the company at the head office and all Swift managed cell sites.
- Manage all lighting points of the company within the head office, branch offices and Swift managed cell sites.
- Supervise all power installations at Swift managed cell sites and vendor managed sites.
- Follow up with site vendors to ensure 99.9% uptime is achieved at all Swift Network sites or POPs.
- Respond to all power related issues within and outside the company premises, troubleshoot and resolve them as appropriate.
- Ensure regular maintenance is carried out on all power devices within the head-office, branch offices and Swift cell sites.
- Maintain proper records of all devices, connections, loadings etc in the data centre. Keep neat designs and diagrams where necessary.
- Liaise with all vendors to ensure quality product and service is delivered to the company at all times.
- Maintain proper labeling of all power devices and terminations in the data centre and at Swift cell sites.
- Ensure the power house at the head-office is neat and conforms to electrical standards/regulations at all times.
- Carry-out all such tasks as may be deemed fit by the Head of Network Operations.
- A good first Degree in Computer related courses; Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Elect/Elect Engineering, Information System, etc
- 1 – 3 years working experience
Key Skills and Competencies
- Operation and maintenance of BTS
- Good knowledge of IP and IP Routing
- Good Knowledge of transmission (Radio, Fiber)
- Good knowledge of power (AC and DC)
- Good knowledge of PDH and SDH
Application Closing Date
12:00pm, 24th March, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online