ZOA is an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. ZOA works in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA started setting up operations in Nigeria recently and is supporting IDPs and vulnerable people in Borno state with WaSH and Food Assistance. ZOA operates from its office in Maiduguri.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Purpose of the position
- The Project Officer supports the Project Manager in the implementation of cash based Food assistance project in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
- He/She will report to the Project Manager on the progress of the Food assistance project.
- He/she is the main interface between ZOA and the targeted communities.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong understanding of the situation in each target community;
- Be ZOA’s first contact point for each community, including for any complaints or concerns raised by community and acting as liaison between communities and technical project staff;
- Ensure all (vulnerable) groups within the communities are represented and heard;
- Pro-actively detect and resolve potential obstacles in project implementation;
- Liaising with key community stakeholders;
- Monitor and report on progress of activities in accordance with ZOA reporting and monitoring system;
- Arrange the logistics of project activities;
- Provide (technical) input into the development and implementation of ZOA’s programme plan;
- Contribute in field research, needs assessments, evaluations etc, from time to time, as directed;
- Any other duty that is reasonably consistent with the key tasks of the function.
- Community members, community leaders and community-based organizations;
- Relevant government authorities on a provincial/district and local level;
- National and international NGOs working in ZOA’s target areas;
- Any other stakeholders in project implementation at community level;
- Project staff
- ZOA field office / country office sta
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA
- Relevant university degree;
- Proven working experience of 1 year in project implementation;
- Affinity with relief work and International NGO’s;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Project cycle management (PCM);
- Excellent in English in reading, writing and speaking;
- Excellent spoken and written command of Hausa and Kanuri;
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word);
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good networking skills;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Pioneering qualities (taking initiative);
- Result-oriented in a team approach;
- Ability to work individual as well as in a team;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting;
Application Closing Date: 6th February, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and motivation letter with ‘Project Officer, Maiduguri’ in the subject to: [email protected]