Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Teller
What does it mean to be a Teller within SB? They are most often the first point of contact for our clients – the face of the Bank, so one can understand the importance of this role in maintaining and growing the reputation and brand of the Bank. With this in mind lets chat through a ‘day in the life’ of a Teller.
Customer Service and Care:
- The most consistent aspect of this job is people.
- A day in the life of a Teller begins and ends with interacting with and serving the Bank’s customers. Within this context, having a love for, interest in and tolerance of people of all ages, races, convictions and attitudes is key. This obviously requires that you stand for most of the day so physical wellness is a must.
- The catch phrases ‘customer care’ and customer service’ are so often heard but so seldom really experienced.
- Some people naturally want to, and are really talented at making others feel acknowledged, listened to, valued and heard.
- There are many ways of doing this but the result of friendly, competent and efficient service is always the same, a happy and loyal customer.
- You cannot offer great customer service without a powerful product, or as with SB, a range of products.
- The Teller plays a variety of activities such a receiving deposits and managing withdrawals.
- They also play a critical referral role as they are involved in identifying customer needs and need to know the Bank and its products well enough to refer them to the right person.
- This is referred to as ‘lead generation’, a role which our best Tellers excel at.
- Having the ability and desire to keep up to date with the market and product changes is a must. In addition, providing constructive feedback and recommendations on how to improve SB’s services and products is valued.
- Would you prefer a role which provides you with clear guidelines? Do you enjoy an organised approach to life? If so then the next 2 role requirements may come naturally to you.
- The Banks main function is to safeguard and grow the assets of its customers.
- Managing, monitoring and accounting for the different forms of money that flow through your till is key to the role of the Teller.
- A love of ‘precision’ and a desire to be accurate are key to succeeding in this role.
- The Bank works within a clear and strictly applied legal framework.
- The Teller needs to know and consistently apply these rules, processes and regulations across products and customers.
- Often this implies taking the time to explain the ‘red tape’ to the customer in a way that makes sense to the customer impacted.
- We began this description by speaking about the people aspects of this role.
- Well, compliance can also be applied to people and relationships.
- Building trust through maintaining high levels of honesty and confidentiality is paramount to the values of the Bank and success of this role.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online