Gunniess Nigeria plc was incorporated in April of 1950 as a trading company importing Gunniess Stout from Dublin. Today the company has transformed itself into a manufacturing operation and currently operates four breweries in Nigeria. Its diverse product line includes the foreign extra stout, Harp lager, Malta Guinness and Saltzenbrau. The company also engages in farming activities in Nigeria.
With over 5000 employees working across Supply & Demand we put a significant investment behind our people agenda to ensure that Africa is truly Best Place to Be. We are also proud of the contributions we make in the communities in which we operate both economically and socially, for example our commitment to provide safe access to drinking water to 1million people each year.
On the Pan Africa Graduate programme our ‘real job’ philosophy ensures you will benefit from authentic experiences designed to accelerate your career development. You will build your expertise and knowledge by completing three 12-month rotations within your chosen discipline and there may be opportunities to spend one of these rotations in a different African market.
Job Title: Graduate HR – Nigeria (Batch 2)
Ref No.: 37923BR
Support and Development
- The three-year programme includes both functional training and leadership development. Functional training helps you gain the skills, knowledge and experience that will form the foundation of your career with Diageo. Meanwhile, we help you build your leadership expertise so you can encourage thinking, stimulate people and drive change.
- You’ll also spend time with our sales force, out in the field, to increase your commercial awareness – it’s vital that every graduate understands our brands, our customers and the way we sell. There will be opportunities for you to explore other avenues for development at regular reviews with your line manager.
- In addition, there are “connect and development” events each year, which will help you raise your profile in the company and learn from some of our most experienced leaders.
- Minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) or equivalent, with an excellent academic record. You must have genuine interest in working within the Human Resources field
- No more than two (2) years post NYSC experience
- Talented , ambitious , enthusiastic people who are striving to be the best
- Great energy, drive and can-do attitude
- Great interpersonal skills and team player
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Diageo focus – understands our values and is passionate for what we stand for
- Forward thinking, solution focused and great appetite for learning
- Commercial acumen.
- Leadership qualities – ability to influence.
Application Closing Date
25th July, 2013
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online