Green Compass Recycling is a company within the Sunray Ventures group of companies, set up to address the adverse environmental and health implications of the mismanagement of electronic and electrical equipment (“EEE”) (“e-waste”) in Nigeria. The company collects EEE and e-waste and ensures that such material is recycled in an environmentally responsible manner. The recycling business has a major impact on the communities we operate in, contributing significantly to a cleaner environment and creating jobs.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Engineering
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
- The company is currently conducting pilots on the collection, reuse and recycling of e-waste. In order to scale-up our operations the company has established a 7,000m2 recycling facility in the centre of Lagos for the disassembling of EEE and processing of e-waste in accordance with international best practices.
- As Head of Engineering, you have the complete-end-to-end responsibility of the operating model of Green Compass Recycling, which includes responsibility for all of our processes, designs of the network and facilities.
- You will lead the engineering team, which works to ensure continuous increase in efficiency through improved setup, facilities, processes, training of staff, and monitoring and ensuring compliance.
- You also ensure that all of our operational setups comply with the international best practices in terms of health and safety standards.
Major responsibilities include:
- Ensure efficient design of the whole recycling network – setup of processes, designs of facilities;
- Ensure alignment of designs with strategic vision of the company;
- Prepare and deliver staff training for process compliance;
- Monitor process implementation and proactively propose mitigation actions in case of issues;
- Oversee continuous improvement in all operational areas.
- Lead the engineering team and build engineering skills as a core competency of the company;
- Ensure availability and organisation of all layout plans, process designs, training materials, etc.;
- Engineering background, M.Sc level degree in Engineering or another science field (e.g. mathematics, physics);
- Excellent oral, written, and mathematical abilities;
- Highest ethical standards;
- Entrepreneurial and leadership aspirations, ability to work in team.
- At least 5 years of work experience in related job role;
- At least 2 years managerial experience with direct reports;
- Qualification in Lean Six Sigma or similar;
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues;
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development;
- A competitive salary and benefits package with a long-term prospect in a fast-growing company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply