Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Business Manager, Mid West
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Permanent – Full Time
Department: EasyBuy Direct Sales
The Team You would Join:
- The EasyBuy Direct Sales team is the market facing arm of Sun King’s pay-as-you-go (PAYG) direct to consumer sales business.
- The Easy Buy Direct Sales team is responsible for recruiting, managing, the company’s network of thousands of commission sales agents, called “Energy Officers” that promote and sell Sun King’s PAYG solar solutions and provide customer ongoing service in their local territories.
About the Role:
- The State Business Manager is a senior professional for the massive EasyBuy channel who will oversee sales and distribution operations in a particular region assigned.
- This is a position which takes full operational responsibility for all market-side functions of the direct sales business.
What you would be expected to do:
- Achieve Easy Buy Direct & Retail Sales revenue targets.
- Ensure Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly reports are accurate and submitted within agreed timelines.
- Ensuring that reports are prepared and submitted on time to the Management.
- Strategic planning.
- Proper management of default rates to agreeable set limits by overseeing quality customer registration, collection and repossession.
- Recruitment and Retention of state sales teams through proper training, management and performance review.
- Proper recruitment of teams following set guidelines and policies by GLP HR.
- Objectively document review process and set time for subsequent reviews.
- Maintain optimum headcount as agreed from time to time
- Ensure that all teams have the required tools and materials for trade execution
- Develop and Propose incentives to motivate the channel and Team to ensure high levels of motivation and performance.
- Develop and Implement action plans for trade with clear corrective measure where
- Ensure that all competitor activities are countered with effective responses to avoid loss of market share.
- Ensure Visibility in the trade is high and as per agreed picture of success at all outlets.
- Management, Development and Supervision of Direct Reports and resources assigned to self.
- Ensure that all cost and expenses are kept within acceptable levels and within budget.
You might be a strong candidate if you:
- Have a Degree in a Business-related field OR equivalent and at least 6 years hands on experience in Sales.
- Have excellent Computer knowledge with comprehensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Can motivate a high performing sales team and ensure performance
- Have high innovative skills, thinking out of the box, cost conscious
- Are excellently skilled in Planning, Organizing, Prioritizing, maximizing value and see the big picture
- Are able to develop trust, skillfully build relations, works on internal & external relationships
- Listen well, coaches’ others and is disciplined in their learning practice
- Have Operation Excellence (Keeps promise, detail-oriented, seeks to be informed and gives excellent Customer Satisfaction)
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online