Greensprings School, is an independent, non-partisan, day and boarding school for boys and girls from 18months – 18years. We encourage students to be lifelong learners by instilling in them great confidence, respect and a consciousness of the needs of society.
Greensprings School began in 1985 in the heart of Anthony Village, Lagos. Today, we have established another state of the art campus on the Lekki Peninsula in Lagos. The Greensprings Community places great value on character and moral education as well on academics achievements. Our unique education ensures that boys and girls learn in the words of our school song.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Learning Support
- We are looking to hire skilled and experienced Head of Learning Support in our Special Needs Department of the school
- The head of department involves him/herself in all teaching and learning activities, but is also responsible for ensuring their success through monitoring and observing practice.
- Developing and reviewing Individual Educational Plans(IEPs) for children with identifiable special educational needs
- Creating schemes of work focusing on the needs of children with identifiable special educational needs, as identified in IEP
- Creating schemes of work allowing as much access to the curriculum as practicable to each child with identifiable special educational needs
- Monitoring mainstream teaching to ensure the need of the children with identifiable special educational needs are catered for
- Maintaining a warm and welcoming environment in the learning support area
- Maintaining and regularly updating displays of children’s work in the learning support area
- Ensuring the rewards process is fully utilized for children identifiable special educational needs within
- Designing a pastoral programme that is appropriate , coherent and relevant to the needs of each child with identifiable special educational needs
- Identifying educational areas beyond the school curriculum that might benefit children with identifiable special educational needs
- A qualification/degree in Special Education
- TRCN membership or evidence of on going registration with TRCN
- Must have at least 5 years experience
Application Closing Date
16th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]