GRID Consulting – The Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL), a five-year DFID-funded programme (commenced in May 2016), will support the development of stronger public-sector accountability to deliver public goods and services required for poverty reduction and growth, including to women and girls by strengthening links between governance reforms and service delivery.
PERL which will be delivered through three pillars, the first pillar is the Accountable, Responsive and Capable (ARC) Government pillar. ARC will work towards the goal of bringing about accountable public administration, resource management and delivery of public services at the state level, through regional reform hubs and at the federal level.
The Accountable, Responsive and Capable (ARC) Programme in Nigeria, is seeking to recruit dynamic, dedicated and results-driven individuals to assume the role below:
Job Title: Reform Manager
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- The Reform Manager will be responsible for managing improved governance, resource management and service delivery within the South-West region.
- S/he will also be responsible for maintaining strategic relationships with government counterparts including Federal, State and Local Government, Civil society and other reform programmes and development partners.
Other Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide strategic recommendation for Regional Hub and Constituent states reform activities, and effective management of specific technical targets and objectives within the state;
- Manage reform outreach programs and support cross learning by developing learning programs/ platforms in conjunction with the central knowledge management unit;
- Oversee result tracking of Regional Hub and Constituent States activities, and implement work plans and budgets;
- Use a flexible responsive and adaptive approach to manage governance reforms while liaising with other Reform Managers on short term advisory support;
- Undertaking monitoring of implementation and overseeing result tracking for the regional Hub and Constituent States activities;
- Prepare periodic reports on progress and implementation of all project activities as well as working with central Knowledge Management Unit to document key findings and lessons learnt on various interventions by the programme.
- Interested candidates should have a degree in Economics, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related fields.
- S/he must have 10 years’ experience working in the public sector, on governance reform, engaging with stakeholders and should demonstrate a strong track record of delivering results on multi-dimensional Governance programs.
- The ideal candidate should also have an excellent understanding of financial and technical delivery, monitoring and evaluation of governance reform impact and reporting against results;
- S/He should also have experience advising successful reform interventions, display excellent communication skills and ability to develop high quality written materials.
- In addition, must also be proficient in the use of Microsoft office packages, especially MS Excel and other relevant database tools.
- Familiarity with work location is essential to the delivery of this programme.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
- The role is based in Lagos State with frequent travels to other South-Western states in Nigeria and other PERL-ARC Offices.
- The programme offers very competitive salary packages; however, local terms and conditions apply.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letter and an updated CV to: [email protected]
- The subject of the mail must contain the title of the position applied for and applications without a subject title will NOT be processed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.