Grid Consulting – The Accountable, Responsive and Capable (ARC) Programme in Nigeria, is seeking dynamic, dedicated and results-driven individuals to assume the role below for the PERL-ARC programme:
Job Title: Security Manager
The Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL), a five-year DFID-funded programme (commenced in May 2016), will support the development of stronger public-sector accountability to deliver public goods and services required for poverty reduction and growth, including to women and girls by strengthening links between governance reforms and service delivery. PERL which will be delivered through three pillars, the first pillar is the Accountable, Responsive and Capable (ARC) Government pillar. ARC will work towards the goal of bringing about accountable public administration, resource management and delivery of public services at the state level, through regional reform hubs and at the federal level.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- The Security Manager will be responsible for providing accurate security briefs across all operational sites in the programme. S/he will establish and maintain useful security networks for due diligence, timely information and pro-active steps to prevent the organization and all consultants from deliberate and/avoidable security mishaps.
- The Security Manager will review and update the programs safety and security policies and procedures regularly and ensure strict adherence across all drivers, security guards, fleet managers and other necessary personnel.
- The job holder will carry out routine checks across project offices including review of visitors’ spreadsheets to assess possible security gaps and provide advice for emergency preparedness and incident management.
- In collaboration with the logistics team, the Security manager will track and record all vehicular movements and provide security guidance for both national and international staff on the current security situations in operational areas.
- S/he will periodically recommend training(s) that may include Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Contingency Plans (CPs), Security Management, Incident Reporting, Prevention and Response Mechanisms, Communications (including satellite phones), and risk/threat analysis.
- S/he will conduct continuous assessment of equipment’s including vehicles and will analyze, report and record observations, information, and occurrences.
- The job holder will routinely escalate all Health and Safety concerns to management for immediate resolution.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Interested Candidates must have a minimum 7 years’ experience in security/logistics particularly in international donor-funded organizations, with at least two years of supervisory experience.
- A background in either the police or military would be beneficial.
- The successful candidate must have a clean, valid driver’s license.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Security Studies, Political Science, International Relations or other relevant fields would be beneficial. Possession of a professional security qualification is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with security staff and non-security staff alike both verbally & in writing.
Terms and Conditions for Employment
- This role is based in Abuja with frequent travels to other ARC Reform Offices.
- The programme offers very competitive salary packages; however, local terms and conditions apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter and an updated CV to: [email protected]
- The subject of the mail must contain the title of the position applied for and applications without a subject title will NOT be processed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Application Deadline: 8th September, 2017.