Guinness Nigeria, a member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. We are continuously interested in talented individuals who want to progress their careers and make a difference to our business.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Senior Brand Manager – Guinness
Level: L5 (M1)
Reports To: Marketing Manager-Guinness
- Guinness is a global priority brand for Diageo and it is the #1 beer brand in Africa.
- Nigeria is currently the largest global Guinness market by value.
- Drives pace and agility through instinctively making the right marketing judgment decisions
- Drives value commercially for Diageo and our customers
- Ensures compliance with the Marketing Codes and company policies.
- Strong Financial Acumen.
Purpose of Role
- To champion & drive brand growth in volume and equity by leveraging understanding of consumer attitudes, motivations and trends
- Development and seamless execution of Brand plans both short and long term.
- To ensure that brand plans are developed and executed based on the following
- Lead the deployment and execution of brand strategy & advertising communication founded upon a deep understanding of the consumer.
- Champion the Measurement and Evaluation of all initiatives.
- Monitors brand performance and implements appropriate plan changes.
1. Creates Strategies that Win
- The Senior Brand Manager supports the delivery of the short and medium term strategic goals of the brand to outperform the competition and delivers against equity targets.
- Leads the development of a clear vision and simple strategy for the Brand
- The SBM uses market insights and analytical skills to deliver world class growth drivers which drive equity for the brand and drive brand/ category growth.
- Strategies are translated into focused, differentiated and commercially relevant GAME plans that can be executed.
- Stakeholder engagement to deliver brilliant execution
2. Brilliant Execution
- Brilliant execution and high standards are a way of life
- Drives fast implementation of big scalable ideas that can be executed brilliantly
- Innovation and marketing activities that win with customers and consumers are brilliantly executed.
3. Drives pace and agility through instinctively making the right marketing judgement decisions
4. Partners brilliantly with agencies and cross functional teams to deliver breakthrough content and execution:
- Initiates clear and creative ways of working with the right partners (including customers) in order to generate compelling solutions.
- The role each partner and internal resources need to play to deliver success is clearly identified.
- Authentic, robust relationships are in place and a collaborative spirit across agencies and teams is the norm.
- Restless in understanding best practices, testing and evaluating how to build.
- Effective M&E to select and learn from activities proposed.
5. Drives value for Diageo and our Customers:
- Supports the team in adopting a true performance culture with spikes in both consumer and customer performance. Key performance metrics are delivered through a ruthless focus.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate Calibre
- MBA might be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years Consumer marketing experience
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and translation of strategies into differentiated plans.
- Ability to procure and deploy expert resources from colleagues, agencies and partners to create breakthrough outcomes.
- ATL development, Media planning and deployment.
- Agency Management and Good relationship skills
- Cross functional project management skills (strong sales/commercial liaison and teamwork)
- Demonstrated capability in brilliant execution and ability to translate strategies to marketing plans.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to manage stakeholders, poor project management skills and poor strategic thinking.
Flexible Working options
- Extensive travel within Nigeria (approx.30% of the time).
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2014.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here and apply online