Posted on :
15 Dec, 2010
15 Dec, 2010
Diageo plc engages in producing, distilling, brewing, bottling, packaging, distributing, developing, and marketing spirits, beer, and wine worldwide. The company offers a range of premium brands comprising Smirnoff vodka, Johnnie Walker scotch whisky, Captain Morgan rum, Baileys Original Irish Cream liqueur, JeB scotch whisky, Tanqueray gin, and Guinness stout.
Our vision is to be the most celebrated business in Nigeria. To help us realise this we this we are committed to world-class standards in procrement. That’s where you come in we are now seeking highly computent & experienced professionals to join our procurement team.
Job Title: Strategic Category Manager Cereals (REF NO: 25794BR)
Management of nominated category in line with Diageos procurement imperatives:
– Risk Management. Quality, Service, Cost, Innovation/growth, Corporate Citizenship
• Develop strategic category management approach to key spend areas to deliver security of supply; maintaining requisite quality; protecting brand reputation and optimum cost
• Develop and implement agreed strategy for managing price volatility in base commodity spend, and ensure fast and accurate reporting of risks and impacts of commodity price movements
• Development of annual AOP and supporting projects to deliver agteedtargets
• Ensure appropriate contractual agreements exist within the category to minimise the risk to Diageo.
• Ensure compliance with legal and industry regulations e.g. GMO, traceability,etc
• University Degree in Agricultural/Biological Science or commerciallyblased discipline
• Accredited Purchasing qualification desirable (CIPS/MBA)
• Must have 3 – 4 years experience which should include the followlng
• Significant Procurement responsibilities in a leading edge company
• Experience with agricultural products, traded commodities and of developing and operating Price Risk management policies to manage spend within Governance guidelines
• Weather data interpretation/management
Method of Application
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
Log on to www.diageo.com & click on ‘careers‘ Click on ‘Search & Apply‘
Click on ‘Search openings‘ go to ‘key word‘ (Box 5) and enter the Ref No Click ‘search‘
Click ‘view job(s)’ to read the detailed job profile Click on ‘submit to job(s)’ to submit your Cv.
Please note that the Closing date for submission of Applications is 28th December, 2010