Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Brand Protection Manager
Ref Id: JR1031759
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
Context / Scope
- Counterfeiting is one of the fastest growing economic crimes of modern times; it robs governments of businesses and society of billions in tax revenue and places significant drain on global economy. In addition, it devalues brand reputation, hinders investment and funds terrorism. Counterfeiting costs global economy hundreds of billions in US$ annually accounting for over 5% of world trade.
Purpose of role
- Counterfeit and look-a-like products are now an issue for Diageo on every continent. Ultimately, if left unchecked, they could negatively impact our most famous brands.
- Attacking counterfeiting of our brands on all fronts to protect the consumer, customer and our brand integrity is in the forefront of Diageo Brand Protection agenda.
- Diageo’s vision is that all those who enjoy our brands should be able to “Celebrate Safely Every Time” with our brands (both current brands and potential acquisitions).
- Activities of counterfeiters and illicit traders are also often carried out across borders of different countries.
- Deliver anti-counterfeit training to external and internal stakeholders and regulators in multiple jurisdictions.
- Engage, manage and review the activities of third-party partners regularly to ensure they meet agreed Key Performance Indicators and deliverables specified in the contractual agreement.
- Organize and oversee brand protection projects and surveys.
- Deploy and utilize Diageo technology for field operations & data analysis in support of brand protection anti-counterfeit activities.
- Possess ability to conduct scientific analysis on suspected counterfeit Diageo brands with the aid of Diageo technology.
- Work within the Diageo Brand Protection Working Group framework to fashion out brand protection strategy and direction.
- Lead the translation of articulated Brand protection strategy into impactful and measurable actions.
- Prepare and report brand protection monthly activities to the business.
- Support, advice and collaborate with Brand Innovation teams on available devices for protecting new brands.
- Periodic review of internal distribution processes of packaging materials to prevent illegal diversion and theft.
- Develop and implement initiatives in collaboration with regulatory, law enforcement and industry bodies to enhance Brand protection and anti-counterfeiting including shaping and influencing legislation and regulations
- Build and manage cordial working relationships with relevant Regulatory Enforcement Agencies and other external stakeholders to drive Diageo anti-counterfeiting agenda in relevant jurisdictions.
- Scale the size and nature of counterfeiting issues and develop/implement mitigation plans to redress the problem.
- Support third party partners to carry out/manage investigations into suspected counterfeiting/intellectual property rights incidences in liaison with relevant law enforcement agencies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate with a minimum of 10 years post-graduation cognate experience including not less than 5 years experience in security, intelligence, anti-counterfeit or strategic management.
- Understand the nature of human intelligence gathering techniques.
- Knowledge of the conservation and continuity of evidence.
- Able to prepare reports, conduct interviews and develop/deliver trainings and creatively disseminate critical information to multiple stakeholders using multiple channels.
- Display capability to apply the intelligence cycle.
- Ability to deal credibly and professionally with internal stakeholders, Government Officials, Lawyers and external Investigators.
- A strategic, in-depth understanding of the issues surrounding counterfeiting.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) in English. Ability to communicate in French would be an added advantage.
- Prior experience with cross-border responsibility would be an added advantage.
- A Legal and/or Law Enforcement background is desirable.
- Solutions-oriented with the ability to provide long-term solutions to matters relating to Brand Protection.
- Possesses advanced commercial & analytical skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively locally and across multiple jurisdictions in Africa is a requirement.
- Dotted line reporting obligations as advised from time to time.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply