Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential.
It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Modern Trade
Ref Id: JR1032707
Location: Ikeja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
- Guinness Nigeria is a major market for Diageo and has historically been involved in the sale and manufacture of beer, lager, ready to drink (RTDs) and malt drinks.
- The Nigerian drinks market is relatively unsophisticated, but highly dynamic. The concentration of purchasing power amongst national accounts and off-trade follows the global trend resulting in ever-increasing pressure on pricing, profitability and service.
- In that regard, Nigeria represents the greatest spirits growth opportunity available on the continent and Guinness Nigeria has expanded its operations and portfolio of brands by venturing into the marketing and sales of Diageo’s already existing rich Spirit brands as well as mainstream spirits.
Purpose of Role
- The Manager, Modern Trade is a sales role with primary responsibility for leading and managing Modern Trade – comprising Key Accounts, both On and Off Trade. Key account management is needed to shift perceptions from a commodity to a value-add and partner relationship.
- Manage a set of key accounts at HQ level along with commercial relationships. KPI’s are Net Sales Value (NSV), Market share and innovation targets.
- Responsible for creation and management of a tactical budget held within Nigerian to build distribution and rate of sales in these accounts
- Understanding the different customers’ business and what is important in the business
- Managing Key Account Executives and third-party merchandisers
- Predict key business trends and build a winning platform for Diageo
- Win Through Great Execution: Directly responsible for the performance of the Modern Trade team, inspiring them to deliver Key Accounts commercial and financial targets for the market
- Invest in Talent: Coach the Modern Trade team to step change performance, achieve career potential and create a robust succession pipeline.
- Bring the Diageo Purpose to Life: A successful Modern Trade Manager is a visible leader who builds Diageo reputation in luxury and in the market generally – both with customers and suppliers. The individual is expected to impeccably role model the ethics and compliant behaviours expected of a leader in our business.
- Create Possibilities: Manages change sensitively by giving clear directions and encouraging others to approach him/her during times and issues of uncertainty. Demonstrates strong one to one coaching capability. Goes beyond the norm to be exceptional and inspires others to do the same. Creates and implements breakthrough ideas with flair. Delivers results through flawless execution. Enables the team to win and positively impact the broader business.
- Consistently Delivers Great Performance: Demonstrates deep personal accountability for performance and drives this through the team. Focuses on priorities demonstrating rigour and brilliant execution in everything, consistently. Moves easily between strategy and operational detail.
- Decide the appropriate sales action to implement per customer.
- Leverage terms of trade for maximum effectiveness and efficiency of administration, including audit of agreed activity.
- Bring measurement and achievement into all conversations
- Accountable for direct Diageo beer and indirect/direct spirits. Ensure that Key Accounts are serving to build our brands and managed with great personal relationship, outstanding 12 months activity plans with impeccable execution and solid commercial PR plans.
- Accountable for Diageo Share performance in own accounts, across all key accounts and deliver budgeted volumes by account.
- Achieve agreed volume, distribution, quality and visibility targets by customer. Ensure brilliant partnerships with agencies and other stakeholders to deliver breakthrough content and execution. Build strong and lasting relationships.
- Sell-in category strategies and category management principles, and agree priorities and plans for execution in outlet to maximize visibility of Diageo brands and ensure that volume, distribution, and quality and visibility objectives are achieved.
- Track and report market intelligence for better informed decisions. Leverage Diageo and customer analytics.
Barriers to Success:
- Unable to mobilize & energize around visions
- Inability to translate business goals into specific territory objectives
- Uncomfortable in pushing back on others
- Inability to manage own time & work-load
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum 4 – 7 years Sales and/or Customer Marketing and Brand Knowledge experience
- HND / University Degree with a strong track record in Sales, preferably in selling either within or outside the Beverage industry. Particularly critical is previous experience in account management or other customer facing roles.
- A strong and broad track record in Commercial with experience of leading strategic planning with customers and P&L/financial data accountability.
- Good track record with translating strategy into action.
- Influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.